OT-Tolerance

Page 2 of 8
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:06:25 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:>

snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

New bumper sticker: Instead of "Rush was right", "Roy was right".
:-) Craig C.

live
you,
Really, by who????

Of course not since you are never wrong.

EVERYONE
for
Perhaps that is because nobody has done anything to you. Just because you take anything said as a personal vicious attack against you doesn't make it so.

up
and
No, you are catching heck for claiming that your interpretations are the only ones that are correct and everyone must follow them.

quoting
Just quoting scripture my ass. You are first quoting, then interpreting them, and then pushing your beliefs on others and getting pissed if people don't completely agree with you and have no tolerance for what anyone else thinks.

Now look who's getting "pissed" and intollerant? Come on guys, can't we just agree to dissagree?
I know the whole world will not agree with my beliefs, and their is no way I'll ever convince even a small percentage that they are wrong and I am right. There will be a small number whom I will care enough about to "pursue" dilligently, to encourage, not force, them to change their beliefs - and I will be open to answer to anyone who asks what I believe and why. In the meantime, I will live my life, as much as it is within my power, in accordance with my (Anabaptist Christian) beliefs. If that causes some to be uncomfortable it is up to them how they respond.
Anabaptism is a radical form of Christianity - non-resistant, non-violent, socially responsible, and concerned for the rights and well-being of others. As such, it is by it's very nature evangelical. Pesecution for their beliefs has been a constant, at one level or another, since the beginning of the anabaptist movement in the 1500s, and there is no reason to believe or expect that this will change anytime in the near term here on earth. If you are interested in knowing more, google Mennonite, anabaptist, Brethren in Christ, or Historic Peace Churches - or ask me.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

We have attempted so many times. Budd cannot agree to disagree. No chance for that. To him he's right and we're all wrong and he feels the need to shove his views down our thoats until we bow to his beliefs his way. Not going to happen. It's this radical approach that has the exact opposite effect than desired yet people like this don't learn from their mistakes.
Budd Cochran wrote:

Your interpretation is one of radicalism. Either convert or destroy those that believe other than your way. Sounds a lot like the radical Islamists of today as well as the radical Christians of the Crusade years. You've gone off the deep end in your beliefs. It's not what Christianity is about at all.

The rules to live by are the 10 commandments. They existed long before any Christians.
beekeep

No, you simple fuck, the issue is you trying to ram your beliefs down everybody's throat. If they disagree with you, they are a bigot, engage in bashing or whatever else comes to your warped mind. Why don't you stop trolling at every turn and get some help.
Better yet why don't you let your family read your post's over the past month. Maybe they will force you to get some help.
Well, Roy, looks like you choose to not tolerate my beliefs.
No surprise.
--
Budd Cochran

I want you to get help!!

Let your family read your post's for the past month. No balls?
Budd Cochran wrote:

You do not tolerate anyones beliefs that differ from your own. Don't expect anyone to have any respect or tolerance from you as long as you hold to that radical form of Christianity.
Budd Cochran wrote:

I will tolerate your right to believe how you want. When you start insulting others and tell them they are wrong, going to hell and have total lack of respect and tolerance for others then no, you have not earned any respect or tolerance.
Miles, I told you the truth about what I was doing, and you refuse to accept it and have called me a liar.
So be it.
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

I have never called you a liar. I disagree with your beliefs but I still respect your right to them. However, you take them to extremes and try to impose them onto others. You've already stated everyone that does not believe as you do is wrong.
Why is it so difficult for you to respect others that differ in their beliefs? You want it one way..your way only. Not gonna happen Budd. Dish it out, and expect it back.

Just for the record. Believing and saying those who do not believe as you do you is wrong is not necessarily intollerance. I can dissagree with your beliefs, and still respect you and tollerate you.
Intollerance is refusing to respect the right of someone else to be wrong. Tollerance does not mean you have to adopt the thinking of those you dissagree with, or compromise your own belief. If I say the bottom light of a traffic signal is green and you say it is red, I'll try to tell you you are mistaken, but as long as you are ready and willing to stop on "your" green, and procede on "your" red, there is no problem and I can allow you to continue going through life believing green is red.
If you continue in your belief that green is red, and drive through "your" green lights, you are intollerant because you are forcing your mistaken beliefs on the rest of the world.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

I agree with your analogy. However, I draw the line when someone suffers from another's beliefs being force upon the person. In your last paragraph, the person has the potential to harm other(s) with his/her belief. Bryan
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:39:07 -0800, "Bryan"

And your (possible) belief that you should be allowed to do whatever you think is right at the time does not have that potential??
I'll just pick a few "hot topics" - whether they are part of my belief or yours is immaterial - Sexual promiscuity (hetro or homo), free abortion on demand, The right to grow/produce/sell/consume "ilicit" pharmecutetcals, The right to carry dangerous/offensive weapons, the whole issue of divorce/family breakdown -- None of these have potential to do harm??
You don't live in the same world I do if you truly believe that. Have you not heard of the AIDS epedemic? I've lived in Africa, where it is RAMPANT - and do you know why it is??? Africa as a whole is the most promiscous society on earth. Then they believe the way to cure aids is to have sexual relations with a virgin (and the likelihood of finding a virgin of any age over 12 is getting remote in many parts of the continent). So rape in general, and rape of children in particular, is the growing result of those beliefs being "forced" on the society. No harm being done???? Closer to home, just look at the inner cities of just about anywhere in North America. Family values are virtually non-existant - particularly (you can check the facts - I'm not being discriminatory) with the american urban black. The breakdown of the family unit, due to the lack of a moral compass (and this also LEADS to the lack of that moral compass) is not causing harm??? Give your head a shake.
I'm not saying you MUST believe as I do --- I'm just saying do NOT discount "christian values" as irrelevant, nonsense, or whatever. Following a set of rules, whether you agree with them or not, is NOT causing you any harm, is it? What HARM is caused by living to a moral code - whether you happen to agree with it or not??
Also - would you rather live as if a god exists, and in the end find he does not, or live as if he does not, and in the end find that he does - and that he is a very JUST god? No corner given - no forgiveness, no allowances for doing what was right to you??
Not that I believe in THAT kind of God, exactly. I believe in a forgiving God - but forgiveness is on HIS terms - and therin comes the "christian values" and "christian beliefs"

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

paragraph,
I agree with you. Really, I do!
<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

This whole subjet of Budd and his bullshit has gone way beyond any form of tollerance. It is at the point of being totally bizzare and uncalled for ranting's.
To give any credibility to what he says or to engage him is dialog is a total waste of effort. He make's a troll look good.
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:57:41 -0500, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Careful, I have seen traffic lights where the bottom light was red! It was an old one that only had three bulbs and you saw a yellow before green and red.
beekeep