OT Vacum cleaners!!!

Page 1 of 7
Need some info. The wife's B'day is up next month. Anyway, I was thinking about one of those robot or whatever vacuums that run around by themselves,
sorta like a pool vacuum. Does anybody use one? I was wondering how it would do on tile as well as rugs. Does it get hung up on uneven surface's? Do the things do a decent job? tia
Roy
Are you sure that you want to buy her an appliance for her birthday?
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

That may be the problem, she may think that you bought it more for yourself than for her and that will get real negative. If you get her that, make sure to get some flowers as well.

TBone wrote:

Yeah I'm with you -- my late husband suggested he get me a vibrator for my birthday <GBMFGRN> -- since I wasn't getting enough!! No, actually that's not how he died
rach

I had a friend with a Harley and he said it used more gas sitting in the garage than on the road... We suggested he either pay more attention to his wife or buy her a few toys.. *g* Mac
mac davis wrote:

never tried that yet ! anyway, at least I can laugh about it now <grn> rach
LOL!
"Rachel Easson" < snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

You are wise or experienced. He must have an amazing wife! My dad tried to do that once -- she told him she'd rather have a wife. rach
Rachel Easson wrote:

THAT WOULD BE TBONE NOT YOU ROY -- BUT YOU'LL LEARN! LOL!
He must have an amazing wife! My dad tried

I have learned.
Roy

You are correct, my wife is amazing.
Roy

She must be up for sainthood, to put up with you, bro...
Amazing patience, love of middle aged "little boys", ER nurse, robot master, etc... She's be perfect, except for her strange choice of a partner.. *g*
Mac

Yup, she certainly could be up for it.

Hell of a cook, extremely intelligent, has no fear of speed, and after yesterday's performance at the range could be very deadly at 25 feet

She is.

Nope, I'm her adopt a vet program.
Roy

LOL! good one Roy! is that original? rach

Nah, She uses it when I screw up, like rolling the atv, stuff like that.
Roy

what, you wore out the old "machine" and need a more modern one???
FWIK, the robot cleaners are still expensive toys that need a lot of supervision and don't clean that well (yet)
It would be a lot cheaper to send flowers and get the vac later when she's along... and it's not her birthday, you romantic fool, you...
Mac
Roy,
They aren't a true vacuum cleaner.
Take one of the old roll-back-and-forth type carpet sweepers that Dirt Devil used to make and add a simple robot turtle package to run it around.
You're still gonna have to pull out the big vacuum regularly.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,

Roomba says that it sweeps and doesn't vacuum ( where's the dirt container, fan, etc.????).

It's your money. I wouldn't have one myself.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,