OT Vacum cleaners!!!

Page 4 of 7
sorry my mistake i typed that from memory.

--
-Chris
05 CTD

Ken... I know that most of us think this but don't get around to actually saying it...
Thank you for your service...
I hope your retirement is happy, healthy and LONG..
Mac

Thanks Mac.
--
Ken

Add my thanks as well.
Roy

Hey bro! While we are on the subject military service. Have you seen the TV spot that shows a group of GI's coming throught a air port and everybody stops and applauds? I think that is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Thank God this country has learned and returning GI's don't have to go through the crap we did years ago.
Roy

It was an Anheuser-Busch ad. Here it is: http://www.herosalute.com/states/big_game_ad.html Thank you, Roy.
--
Ken

No Ken, thank you. Also thanks for the link, they should run it more often.
Roy

And my thanks too, Ken.
One thing is for certain, I have to remind Bryon that protesters still have rights . . .he wants to at least give them an attitude adjustment. But it's kinda hard to do when you agree with your son.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,
<snip>

no stealing involved, Budd... it's being used all over the web and I just sort of quoted it... *g*
A friend on the right coast has a bumper sticker that says "Ted kennedy's car has killed more people that my guns"
I like that one a lot.. *lol*
Mac
Hey, I could use that one too . . . . unless you count the house flies and other insects I've nailed with B-B guns.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,

I haven't seen it, but I've read several stories about airline seats being given up for service people and parades...
Unfortunately, most folks confuse the politics of why we have people in harms way and who sent them with the reality of the situation that you go where you're told and get the job done if you can..
I think a lot of us are against being over there but support our troops big time..
Mac

Scroll up to Nosey's post. He has the link to the spot in his post.
Roy

Mac,
Ya can't be a "Bush Basher" if you acknowledge the truth that it wasn't only G.W. that ordered the troops to go over there.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,

you guys can argue politics all you want.. my focus is the kids in harms way..
(besides the fact that anyone using the word "truth" in a political or religious discussion is to be avoided, IMO)
Mac

Could't have said it better myself bro.
Roy

I'm not arguing, I'm stating fact. The congress could have stopped the fighting if it had wanted to. Sheesh.

Then I'll just not speak because that is all I will speak or write, to the best of my knowledge.

Boy, is that evident.

Yer right bro, some can't seem to get it though.
Roy

long
being
where
Fortunately this time they are a significant minority.

TBone wrote:

War is complex. And there are always at least two sides. Even the soldiers on the other side deserve respect. I don't like to say troops because that refers to groups, not each person who is risking their life every minute, all of who have family.
I think "politics" often refers to the overall perspective-on-high such as what the military leaders and government officials decide, while the soldiers are left to DEFEND as best as possible, which in war means killing. I don't think the top guys have watched many of their close friends die in front of them.
I often thought we could all save ourselves a lot of trouble and lives in this world if we put all the top guys in a gymnasium until one is left, and then we all cheer and applaud him, whoever he is, when he comes out. (we might start getting new body types in our politicians really quickly too!)
rach
Roy wrote:

I was standing in line ready to board and there was a discussion behind me from a group of canadian military. Apparently the airline was not accepting their military ID, and wanted a health card, driving license, or passport instead. Pretty bad eh?