OT Week End BS Post

It has been super slow sooo........
Here's a subject that is getting more and more attention. Sort of a 3 part thing.
If we are to keep a large number of troops in the sand do we bring back the
draft?
Or do we continue to cycle the same troops through there tour after tour?
Or, do we pick up our troops and get out?
Roy

Pick tehm up and pull out! It wasn't our war to begin with. This is turning in to another Korea and Bosnia

I believe it was one of the generals in the area that suggested something interesting. He said we should have coalition soldiers only on the border to keep out the Iranians, Syrians, external Al Qaeda, etc. Then let the Iraqi govt sink or swim with their army and police. I thought it has promise. At least our people wouldn't be at so much risk out on the streets in close quarters with the terrorists.
Bill

I think we'll have to try it... might cause a revolution in the younger set though, because they're a lot better networked than we were in the 60's...
Can't, for 2 reasons... the guys that I talk to are either gung ho to go back, or not re-upping because they don't want to go back...
A related problem IMO is that to keep up the enlistment quota, they've dropped the entry requirements and are paying big bucks to get fresh meat... I don't think the money will hold out long after the next election..
I'd love to just pull out, but don't think we can... all we've done is cause a huge infrastructure problem... IMO, the time to pull out would have been when they captured Saddam... Also, they should have given the U.N. (Useless Noise) a predetermined time after the real "war" was over to get in and replace our troops..
We've gotten screwed every time we've tried to be a "peace keeping" force... let the UN mess it up instead...
I really, really don't want my kid in Iraq, but he'll rotate there if it keeps up much longer... but I can't judge what a whole country should do by that... IMO, we started the damn thing, we need to figure a way to get it to a point where we can get the hell out without the kind of blood bath of civilians that we allowed in Nam.. YMWV
Mac
Roy wrote:

I'm in favor of the third option. It's the Christian thing to do.
JAM
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another" Jonathan Swift

It looks like a prime place to test the neutron bomb.
beekeep
Concerning the Biblical legality of war: http://www.carm.org/questions/war.htm
Individual points:
1) Liberals got rid of the draft, now they're paying for it with lives lost and manpower stressed beyond limits.
2) What choice do we have, if we remain in Iraq, since we don't have enough troops, thanks to the Liberals?
3)To pull out now, without getting the Iraqi government kick-started and in control is opening the country up for a hostile takeover by ????? and the liberal whine of how "lives have been wasted" over there will really become true. But I do believe we need to get the Iraqi government, police and military in place and doing their jobs ASAP.
Then go get Osama.
--
Budd Cochran