OT "Weekend BS Post"

Now that everybody has eaten the meal.

How about a 3 part question?

What is the one thing YOU want for Christmas?

How long do you think we will have a substantial force in Iraq? By substantial I mean over 1K troops.

I know most of us drive Dodge's. But each maker has at least one part that is best, it is all a compromise when you make your purchase. But if ya could, how would you combine parts from each maker to make your ideal truck?

Bonus question!

Guess the Rabbits weight. Yes, in pounds!!

Oh Rabbit, here's the heated seat report. I used them and found that they have only 2 settings. All I can compare them to are Sues Eldo which were like a thermostat. Hands down the Caddy was better but the seats in the Charger are much more comfortable imo.

Roy

Sorry this is late I screwed up and posted it to the wrong ng.

Reply to
Roy

Now that everybody has eaten the meal. CY: My parents had lasagna. I had one ohter invite. She called to cancell, her husband was drunk and combattive.

How about a 3 part question?

What is the one thing YOU want for Christmas? CY: Out of life, to be happily married. I'm still single. In terms of material things, I'd love to have a modern PC with a large capacity drive. This win 98 and 6 gig drive is getting tired.

How long do you think we will have a substantial force in Iraq? By substantial I mean over 1K troops. CY: Next ten years.

I know most of us drive Dodge's. But each maker has at least one part that is best, it is all a compromise when you make your purchase. But if ya could, how would you combine parts from each maker to make your ideal truck? CY: I'd like the ignition system off my Chevy. The Dodge ignition module with the case ground is for the birds.

Bonus question!

Guess the Rabbits weight. Yes, in pounds!! CY: What, your Christmas dinner rabbit or what?

Oh Rabbit, here's the heated seat report. I used them and found that they have only 2 settings. All I can compare them to are Sues Eldo which were like a thermostat. Hands down the Caddy was better but the seats in the Charger are much more comfortable imo.

Roy

Sorry this is late I screwed up and posted it to the wrong ng. CY: Forgiven.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Grandcritters! But I don't expect any. I do Christmas like Becker - no expectations, no disapointments.

beekeep

Do we get to see a picture?

Reply to
beekeep

Better to ask, "do we *have to* see a picture?" ;^)

Reply to
Bryan

In your case, would that be "meals"???

Barrett .50BMG

I don't see an end to it. Maybe years..

It'd be easier to say what I don't want. For sure Fords engine design where you have to pull the cab to get the heads off. WTF were they thinking??? That may not be by the book but it's the easiest way to do it per the ford guys. Next will be the little drum parking brake inside the brake rotor. Since nobody uses parking brakes, they turn into a rusted ball of immovable pieces that are sometimes impossible to take apart with anything less than a

4lb hammer. Lets finish this with press on power steering pump pullys. I know with the correct tool they are supposted to just slide easily off the shaft but what happens when that cute little lip the puller rides on cracks off?? Can you say air chisel of cutoff wheel... Damn, this list could go on forever. Don't get me started on Pt Cruiser turbos...

As of this am, stark butt naked and with a smile on my face.......198 lbs...... And that was before I took a shit.....

Those wide seats really come in handy...huh.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hmmmm... really want to reach out huh?

At least I can fit my tiny ass into a bucket seat, ya prick!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Don't know

I see this becoming our next "Korea" I think we will have an occupying force over there for decades to come because anyone can see that they will never be able to sustain things in a manner that WE think they should to enable us to pull out.

500#

Reply to
azwiley1

Dodge sheetmetal (megacab front, dually long bed in back), Ford chassis, Dodge interior (but aftermarket custom seats), Cummins engine, ATS worked-over Dodge 68RFE (they'll get to it soon enough), Kelderman suspension (air ride - stock height, not the stupid 12" lift), and Chevy.... ummm... oh, that little magnetic-based underhood-light-on-a-fishing-reel thingy they have (or used to)... that's handy :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Ahhhh...that selective editing again...

Damn, I like the way this works....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

To finish my house remodel.

Longer than it took us to get out of Japan and Germany after WW2.

Put the Allison 1000 6 speed automatic transmission in a Dodge CTD and maybe at the H2 suspension/ground clearance.

Reply to
Ed H.

Better yet, use Unimog planetary gear axles (at least in the 4x4).

Reply to
Ed H.