P 0201 '03 HO

I have gotten this code usually after (or during) WOT to get on the freeway. Engine seems to run smooth when not excellerating but seems to miss at WOT or even accellerating at less than WOT. P-0201 = Fuel Injector 1 Circuit.

I've cleared the code and the truck runs fine till I WOT a few times. It doesn't always happen with the first WOT but it has occurred 3 times in the past week.

Is there anything I should look at before taking it in to the dealer? Almost 98k miles on it, original fuel pumps.

Along with that code I get the P 0633.

TIA FMB

Reply to
FMB

Nah - you're still under warranty (just), so get it to the dealer before you roll 100K, at least to get the problem documented. Anything fuel-injector-related can run into significant $$$. Hopefully, you don't have any aftermarket boxes or programmers installed, and can present a completely stock engine to the dealership for diagnosis/repair.

Do you have the Sentry Key system? (Big thick gray-handled ignition key) - if so, it's not working. Tell the dealership about that, as well. That's just a simple programming task to reset the encryption key in the PCM

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks Tom. I do have the big thick gray-handled ignition key. My aftermarket items include pyro, fuel pressure and boost guages.

FMB

Reply to
FMB