P0300, P0307 Reveal Broken Valve Spring

This is just a FYI, if it can help someone.
2003 Ram 1500, Hemi 5.7L, QC, 2WD, 48,000 miles
Vehicle died in traffic last week. Attempts to restart
resulted in loud banging sound and badly misfiring engine.
Codes shown were P0300 & P0307
Broken valve spring, Nr 7 cylinder, a $2.70 part.
Chrysler-Damar claims there have been only *isolated* instances of this happening with early production 2003 5.7L Hemi enginens. Fortunately, the 7/70 was applicable in my particular case. My understanding is that 2006 models are no longer covered by a free 7/70 warranty.