P0455 code fixed, or not likely?

Page 2 of 2

Has it been fixed yet? Did I really win? :)
--
Ken

Suddenly, without warning, Nosey exclaimed (8/4/2007 9:01 PM):

Not yet. Gotta wait for the parts to come in.
jmc
In responce to jmc 's post. I thought everyone should know:

what parts did they/you order?
--
Chris

Suddenly, without warning, Chris Thompson exclaimed (8/5/2007 5:03 AM):

Manifold gaskets, p/n 53034029AD and p/n 53034030AC.
jmc

Damn it, Mike, now I have a screwdriver stuck in my ear!
And it hurts every time my wife grabs the handle and twists it.
beekeep

Tell her to give it a crank fer me....
;^)
Mike

jmc wrote:

I'd put a dollar on it being the outrageously loud evaporative emissions valve Chrysler chooses to use...
When it works it sounds like a pissed off gnome hitting your fender with a small rubber hammer 1-3 times per second. If for some reason the unit is pushed over (its on a rubber mount) onto the fender directly it'll be much more pronounced. If you suspect thats it, you can easily feel the valve cycle with your hands and often placing your hand on the valve will greatly silence the "clunk".
Chrysler was 'fixing' these with (iirc) a softer rubber isolator for a while.
Suddenly, without warning, Mike Simmons exclaimed (7/31/2007 7:50 PM):

yup, light came back on today. Does it tell us anything, that the light didn't come back on until I'd been to the gas station? It was off when I stopped. Got gas, light came on when I turned the truck back on.
As has been the case for some time, there was no release of pressure when I removed the gas tank.
And before anybody mentions it, I replaced the gas cap fairly recently.
jmc