Part identification needed

Okay, the vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4 wheel drive pickup with approximately 40,000 miles on it. A couple of days ago I found a part laying in my driveway that looked like the nut and part of the stud
off of a sway bar. I assumed that it had either broken off of my older V10 Ram or someone's vehicle who had been visiting.
Well, this evening I happened to look under the front end of my Dakota and to my surprise both sides of the sway bar (I think that is what it is called) were no longer connected. I photographed one side and posted the image at http://www.dongares.com/front%20end%20part.htm so please take a look and tell me what the exact part description is of the vertical part that is broken so that I can order a couple of them.
BTW - it appears that they have been broken for some time and I have not noticed the vehicle driving one bit different.
Your help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Don

They are called sway bar links. They are available at your dealer or most auto parts stores.
Hope this helps!
Mike

And prone to failure believe me! And as you can see, a sway bar on a truck is typically useless...
On 6/8/2010 7:15 AM, PeterD wrote:

The sway bar must not do much because I never even missed it when driving. What I find somewhat surprising is the fact that the links on the 2005 five broke while they are still fine on my beat up 1995 3/4 ton V10 Ram which really takes a beating.
Don

is, because the pickup is empty, plus you haven't had to do a panic/emergency turn with or without a load. Yeah, the trucks have bigger springs negating the needed effect of sway bar when there is no load and driven like a car... but if you put a camper for example, or a load that weighs anything, it would become readily apparent, imho.
On 6/8/2010 4:26 AM, Mike Simmons wrote:

Mike, thanks a bunch....it is appreciated.
Don
IGot2P wrote:

Sway bar end links. About 10 bucks each from most FLAPS.
Well unless your really trying to carve corners with a load in the box you likely won't notice the change.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)

Actually I priced them for my 2500 and they are around $40 each, but maybe the dakota is cheaper...
On 6/8/2010 12:36 PM, PeterD wrote:

I ordered them from AutoZone for $21.69 for the pair ($28.41 with shipping and tax).
Don

Great! I managed to pop mine back together and will see if it stays assembled. If not I may just fabricate new ones (and make them better than what is on there now).