Pilot bearing failure on 6-speed?

Happy New Year!
At a NYE party a guy I know said the Dodge 6-speed transmission is notorious for the pilot bearing not getting enough lubrication. His BIL
is an auto mechanic and bought one. He immediately rebuilt the tranny and added an oil fill for it above the existing one.
I have not heard of this problem and I recently bought a 6-speed so I am curious.
If true, anything short of adding a second oil fill to prevent this damage?
Thanks,
Charles

Huh??? Is there some way to lube a pilot bearing after installation??
Roy

I think what he was talking about was the early problems with the G56 transmissions, where the fill hole was located too far down, and thereby deprived the case of the proper amount of fluid. All vehicles that were produced with this problem were recalled or put on dealer hold, until the issue was fixed. This was found back in March, and fixed by April. All subsequent production runs have the fill plug hole properly positioned, so the issue isn't there anymore.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Thanks! If I have a 2001 6-speed, I should be OK?
Charles

Absolutely.