Ping <<<BUD C and the rest of ya>>>>

Seeing as it has been slow around here I figured this might wake it up a bit. Seems that the 06 Viper is 7 10ths. slower and 9 mph slower than the Corvette Z06 in the quarter mile. One place the Viper did beat the Corvette was price. Viper cost approx 35K more.

These tests were not done at the same location or same time or by the same drive but are a pretty good indication of what is to come.

Bud, drop in and say hello.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You know, along those lines the Duramax for 06 is getting a substantial horsepower and torque increase. Supposed to be the most powerful diesel in productions for a light duty truck.

Reply to
azwiley1

I had heard that but haven't seen any figures. The 610 foot lbs. of the Cummins is well up there but is nowhere it's potential. Actually I find it a bit of a pia when m/t, have to feather the pedal or the rears will turn on dry pavement. On wet you have to be very light with it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

The last sentence is of major importance, driver skill is more essential in the Viper than in the Vette.

Reply to
John Kunkel

If ya want to talk out your ass, how about a Hi-Point 9mm carbine will out shoot your Bushmaster......and do it at about 1/5th the price.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yup, it is a short money. Guess it all comes down to personal preference.

Oh, read motor trend and get back to me.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

This place ain't been the same since Budd left. I miss the old fart.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

like the cars, that could also be influenced by the operator.. been eating your carrots??? *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I'm sure he's reading this. This will pry him out. Road Runner's SUCK!!!

Reply to
Roy

Yeah, they suck the doors off ferds and chubbies and I got me a new computer and I ain't afraid to use it.

Now go plow sumpthin before ya hurt youself.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hey, Greg,

Had a major system failure on my old computer ( fried motherboard and it was a specific one for those old Compaqs), so I had one custom built with a little help from some left over hardware and a son with money to burn.

How ya been?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Heh, heh, heh, Gotta love it! Where the hell ya been, older than me? What been doin? The Cushman done?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My old Compaq gave up the ghost and money's been tighter than a old mizer's wallet, so I've been offline for a while. My eldest bought a motherboard/case and power supply for me and I wrangled a deal with a local compter expert to build a Pent.III system.

Sorry, the Cushman's on hold till I get the LeBaron up and running again. Darn trans went out. For now, my kid brother's staying with us and we're driving his ( shudder!!!!) 89 Astro van.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Good to see you alive and kicking. Things have been good here and the old dodge is still going. It must be related to the everready bunny,

268 K and purring. Haven't been in here much myself as I have taking up a new endevor, bow hunting. Sunk an arrow into one Monday but never found her after hours of searching. Watching for buzzards now so I can get my arrow back!

Have you gold plated the cushman yet? I haven't done much bike building the past year and the dodge d-50 trike is still on hold. I got into building a bee box making machine last fall. Had to make it all pneumatic/battery voltage controls so the Amish could use it. It works pretty good producing 200 boxes an hour but I am still modifying it.

Stop in and chat once and awhile. Questions get asked here that pertain to dodges built long before my time.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Hmmm, goes to show even AMMCO can get one right occasionally . . . .but don't tell them, they'll want to fix it till it's broken.

I used to shoot bow some but always at targets like pigeons, squirrels, rabbits or hay bales. Haven't done much since the old shoulders began acting up. What bow did you get?

Nope. It's on hold again while we get the Lebaron repaired, help my younger brother out a bit, and, hopefully, make it thru the winter.

A D-50 trike? Now that could be wild. Why a D-50 instead of the usual VW/Porsche/Corvair type drive train?

Those Amish had better be careful or they'll reach the 17th century. The technology will be too much for them. Sorry. I know they're wonderful people, but their theology has some serous problems.

You ain't that much younger, iirc. Besides, someone has to use the the second floor toilet.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

The idea is to kill it, not torture it. Practice on a friggin' target!!

Ya, the ones with the crank on front.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Is that how you get started in the mornings, by turning your crank?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

We'll ask you the questions relating to the ones with the feed bag on the front, bro.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

See Denny!! Now the friggin' jackal's are attacking me. That's what I get for being your friend!

Guess they let the nursing home comedy team take their show on the road. Picture those old farts together in Mikes truck fighting over the controls for the heated seats. I can hear the conversation now. "Budd pass the metamucil will ya" "Okay mac but ya have to share the prunes" Mike has his own concerns. "We have been driveing for 15 minutes I gotta stop and go to the bathroom" What a friggin' crew!!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And you're just one of the guys also, aren't you?

Now, now . . .put down the walker before Mac has to stop the truck.

VBG

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran