Ping <<>>>

Page 1 of 2
Seeing as it has been slow around here I figured this might wake it up a bit. Seems that the 06 Viper is 7 10ths. slower and 9 mph slower than the
Corvette Z06 in the quarter mile. One place the Viper did beat the Corvette was price. Viper cost approx 35K more.
These tests were not done at the same location or same time or by the same drive but are a pretty good indication of what is to come.
Bud, drop in and say hello.
Roy
You know, along those lines the Duramax for 06 is getting a substantial horsepower and torque increase. Supposed to be the most powerful diesel in productions for a light duty truck.

I had heard that but haven't seen any figures. The 610 foot lbs. of the Cummins is well up there but is nowhere it's potential. Actually I find it a bit of a pia when m/t, have to feather the pedal or the rears will turn on dry pavement. On wet you have to be very light with it.
Roy

The last sentence is of major importance, driver skill is more essential in the Viper than in the Vette.

If ya want to talk out your ass, how about a Hi-Point 9mm carbine will out shoot your Bushmaster......and do it at about 1/5th the price.......
Denny

Yup, it is a short money. Guess it all comes down to personal preference.
Oh, read motor trend and get back to me. <G>
Roy

like the cars, that could also be influenced by the operator.. been eating your carrots??? *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

This place ain't been the same since Budd left. I miss the old fart.
beekeep

I'm sure he's reading this. This will pry him out. Road Runner's SUCK!!!<BFG<
Roy
Yeah, they suck the doors off ferds and chubbies and I got me a new computer and I ain't afraid to use it.
Now go plow sumpthin before ya hurt youself.
Budd
wrote:

same

My old Compaq gave up the ghost and money's been tighter than a old mizer's wallet, so I've been offline for a while. My eldest bought a motherboard/case and power supply for me and I wrangled a deal with a local compter expert to build a Pent.III system.
Sorry, the Cushman's on hold till I get the LeBaron up and running again. Darn trans went out. For now, my kid brother's staying with us and we're driving his ( shudder!!!!) 89 Astro van.
Budd
wrote:

up
Hey, Greg,
Had a major system failure on my old computer ( fried motherboard and it was a specific one for those old Compaqs), so I had one custom built with a little help from some left over hardware and a son with money to burn.
How ya been?
Budd
wrote:

Corvette
same
Good to see you alive and kicking. Things have been good here and the old dodge is still going. It must be related to the everready bunny, 268 K and purring. Haven't been in here much myself as I have taking up a new endevor, bow hunting. Sunk an arrow into one Monday but never found her after hours of searching. Watching for buzzards now so I can get my arrow back!
Have you gold plated the cushman yet? I haven't done much bike building the past year and the dodge d-50 trike is still on hold. I got into building a bee box making machine last fall. Had to make it all pneumatic/battery voltage controls so the Amish could use it. It works pretty good producing 200 boxes an hour but I am still modifying it.
Stop in and chat once and awhile. Questions get asked here that pertain to dodges built long before my time.
beekeep
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 02:44:23 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

Hmmm, goes to show even AMMCO can get one right occasionally . . . .but don't tell them, they'll want to fix it till it's broken.

I used to shoot bow some but always at targets like pigeons, squirrels, rabbits or hay bales. Haven't done much since the old shoulders began acting up. What bow did you get?

Nope. It's on hold again while we get the Lebaron repaired, help my younger brother out a bit, and, hopefully, make it thru the winter.

A D-50 trike? Now that could be wild. Why a D-50 instead of the usual VW/Porsche/Corvair type drive train?

Those Amish had better be careful or they'll reach the 17th century. The technology will be too much for them. Sorry. I know they're wonderful people, but their theology has some serous problems.

second floor toilet. <VBG>

Budd
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:13:01 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

I have no complaints with AAMCO.

How do you cook the hay bales? I bought a used Bear Whitetail II.

I picked up the D-50 at a gov't auction for $300.00. The frame and drive train is pretty much done wioth a Ninja front end. I still have the brakes, electrical, steering, and body to finish. The rear axles were shortened 7 inches each. I like the look of the engine in front plus the weight is better distributed.

But that's what makes them Amish. I wouldn't do anything to change them.

Ya just had to remind me, didn't ya? VBG

acting
Boil in lots of water with only a smidgen of salt till tender. Give the bale to the goats and use the water for your weeds.

Good bow, a compound, iirc. Have you had a good archery shop help you get set up and equipped (Not one of those shops that cater to cityslickers and sell every bell and whistle invented, just one that knows what's really needed)?

younger
Uh, Greg, you want most of the weight on the rear in a single front wheel trike configuration for stability in turning and braking. I can't bug you if you end up plowing someone's field with your head
Take a peek here: http://www.rqriley.com/3-wheel.htm
Robert Riley has been building innovative vehicles for about 45 years now.

I'm just saying many of thier beliefs are not supported by Scripture.

the
Budd
>Sunk an arrow into one Monday but

The idea is to kill it, not torture it. Practice on a friggin' target!!

Ya, the ones with the crank on front.<VBG>
Roy
Is that how you get started in the mornings, by turning your crank?
Budd

We'll ask you the questions relating to the ones with the feed bag on the front, bro.. *g*