Ping <<>>>

Page 2 of 2

See Denny!! Now the friggin' jackal's are attacking me. That's what I get for being your friend!
Guess they let the nursing home comedy team take their show on the road. Picture those old farts together in Mikes truck fighting over the controls for the heated seats. I can hear the conversation now. "Budd pass the metamucil will ya" "Okay mac but ya have to share the prunes" Mike has his own concerns. "We have been driveing for 15 minutes I gotta stop and go to the bathroom" What a friggin' crew!!! <BFG>
Roy
And you're just one of the guys also, aren't you?
Now, now . . .put down the walker before Mac has to stop the truck.
VBG
Budd

the

I know, sad isn't it. <G>
Roy
Yes, it is, that someone needs a walker at your age . . .
BG
Budd

yeah... I'm still trying to remember when my drug of choice changed from grass to ibuprofen...
I heard that the Stones still do drugs back stage... but now there's a $20 co-pay...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

It was a good shot, right about the shoulder area. Arrow half way in so she isn't going to suffer too long.
I shot about 50 arrows a day for over 2 months getting ready. I have no problems hitting a paper plate @ 50 yards. I find the adrenelin flow a little higher shooting at deer than a hay bale.

What was it you said? "never found her after hours of searching." Yup, one hell of a good shot. She must be bionic.

Gotta have that adrenelin flow.

Sounds like you hit the sturnum. Was it a downward shot from a tree stand?

Size matters, but it's how many of the 50 were in the paper plate each day that counts the most. My best grouping was 10 in a circle the size of a 2 lb. coffee can at 35 yards shooting intinctive (no sights) or stabilizers (Bear Whitetail Hunter 60# recurve).

It's an mild form of "Buck Fever" as is found among primitive cultures. Aborigines, for example, will shake their boomerangs at 'Roos, when B.F. hits them, instead of throwing the boomerang. Hence the source of the old Austrailian hit song by Rolf Harris, "My Boomerang Won't Come Back".
In your case, a full blown case will result in you knocking then dropping every arrow in your quiver and never take the shot.
At which time we will have to take a vote to see if you should be called "Bunny Jr"
Budd
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:06:47 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

Actually a perfect side shot. I figure I hit the shoulder blade and then a rib to slow the arrow down that much. It should have gone slam through her not just half way. What amazed me was that I never found a drop of blood! I have tracked many a deer in the past after shooting them with a shotgun and have found most. I waited a full 1/2 hour before even leaving my tree stand so I wouldn't jump her too. I could see where she ran for about 50 yds by the leaves and dirt kicked up but then nothing. I went back home and got the dogs to help and they didn't pick up on her either.

I have a peep sight and 5 pins set for 10 - 50 yds. In the 10 to 30 yd range I could put most through a quart jar lid, and at 40 - 50 a pie pan. I am using carbon arrows as well. I'm no expert but it seams that the field points fly a little truer than the broadheads.
I find that learning to judge the distances in the field while under the influence of buck fever the tough part. I got to get one soon as muzzelloader season comes in on the 20th. Believe it or not you can kill 36 this year, and 4 counties don't have a limit!

I got caught spot lighing a bunny rabbit years ago but that is a whole nother story.

target!!
stand?
Now that is curious. No Blood? It may have only pooled internally under the lungs. Or a dull broadhead (they gotta be sharp enough to shave with as a minimum) will cause the bleeding to stop too soon. There are many variables. I do wish you had found it.

day
Standard broadheads literally "fly" like small wings at the 300+ mph your arrows move. So much the old solid blade points could vary a shot by a foot or more at 35 yards. That's enough to miss a the kill zone on a eastern Whitetail.You may want to look into those fancy retractable blade style heads or give your arrows a faster spin ( tightens up the spiral during flight). or both, maybe.
I tried a peep a long time ago but being an instinct shooter, I didn't adjust to it easily. I can see the benefit for some but it didn't work for me. I have used pins and my hand draws to a very consistent position naturally, but they didn't help my accuracy much.

36 Whitetail????? I'll bet they're getting stunted or diseased from over-population. Makes you wish for that "machine gun" crossbow from the movie "Van Helsing" (SP?) doesn't it?

I won't ask. What you and Denny do is your business . . . .
But as a side note: a friend back in CO told me of a time he took a new bowhunter out hunting and the poor guy got B.F. so bad he pulled out every arrow from his bow quiver and just dropped them on the ground. That would be like a rifle hunter jacking every round out of his gun and never taking a shot . . . .which also happens.
Budd

Wait a sec.. This is the weekend, perhaps we should explore what Greg and the "friggin' rabbit" are doing under a spot light. I'd like to hear more. Of course we can always make something up.<VBG>
Roy

I'm not sure I'd want to . . my heart might not be able to take it . . . . .
Budd

OK. I was a senior in high school and my sister was doing a science fair project that required rabbit blood media. So a freind was driving my '64 Catalina through the fields at night with me on the hood with the 12 gauge. The neighbor called the cops and they arrived at my house about the same time as I did with the dead rabbit! After some explaining the cop finally said "I can't arrest anyone for working on a science fair project" and left.
beekeep
As long as it wasn't Denny's kissing cousin . . .
Budd
wrote:

more.
Is he one of those bunnies that goes to family reunions looking for a date??

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Well, he is from "that" part of the country, ya know.
Budd
Wait-a-minit . . . .I was too ... a long time ago.
VBG
wrote:

whole
and