Ping<<<< Denny>>>>

Okay, decided to go back into plowing, with a friend. His office will handle the billing, phones and other such bs. I have to do all the estimates. Decided all subs have to own a 2003 or newer 3/4 ton or bigger and have a driver to fill in. We put together 8 pick ups and a loader. Should be interesting a winter.

Guess I'm back looking for that elusive CJ.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Damn. Do ya have to have a diesel, heated leather seats and a wool covered spinner knob to work for you guys too??? I was gonna volunteer to help out for free but I just don't qualify.

You're looking for a cj??? They haven't make any '03 or newer and 3/4 ton or up cj's that I've heard of..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Real men don't need heated seats!

Just trying to put a halt to all the bs with subs and shitty equipment.

Been looking for a decent one to hang a plow on for a couple of years. They are a fun toy and are great for tight spots like condo's, punching parking spaces and that sorta stuff.

How much of a increase have you added due to the fuel price? Was thinking about 10% across the board.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

... well, what the hell did I expect anyway.... it's getting cold out and heeeere we go again with the heated seat slurs....

;^)

Mike Simmons

I take it you like the burritos at Taco Smell.......

I know, I had to poke you in the ribs a bit but you really should take a look at your sub's equipment first. I'll say my ole '95 is in better shape than most '03s and is better equipped to spend the night plowing.

Not to mention playing in the mud in the summer...

On an average snow, I'll burn about 10-11 gals of gas doing my part of the route so gas will cost me approx $15 more per event. I'm just gonna absorb that for now and see how it goes. I don't want to start bumping prices up $5 per spot and then loose it to somebody cheaper. It seems to go in cycles, but last year there were dozens of old junk fender flappers scurrying around trying to finds lots.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Sorry Mike, but there's some things that real men should never admit to.........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Mike, I never mentioned elderly men or old Marines.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

There is a method here. True, there are nice well kept trucks that are more than three years old. As you know plowing can beat the shit out of a truck if you don't know what you are doing But most don't take care of them as well as you do. What my three year old truck deal does is keep MY problems to a minimum. It does away friends and relations that have a beater that want to make a few bucks when it is convienient. Also does away with and I know you've heard from the guy you work with that will come up to you and say "My kids got a old blazer with a plow, can ya put him to work? He jut got fired from Macdonalds because he was late too much" Nobody likes to get up at 1AM to push snow, but if you have a payment on your two year old truck you most likely will show up. Also the wear and tear on the truck isn't as much so the down time is less apt to be a problem. I'm going to try to avoid or minimize the bs that we both know happens. Here's one that will eliminate more bs, all the subs must have the plow manufactuers repair kit with them, as well as a cell phone preferably, a nextel.

Yup, they are fun. Kinda like a big atv. Sombody had a line on one for me but it never worked out. They are tough to find in decent shape. Some day I will find one.

Haven't decided yet. Gonna wait but if it goes over $3@gal yhere has gotta be a surcharge. Low ballers are always out there but they screw up and then the account will call us.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Makes some sense.. when I drove truck back in another life, the cross country brokers wouldn't book runs for you if your truck was over 3 years old...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah, you mean like blastin' innocent bowling balls with large caliber handguns? You are just damned lucky I didn't sic the PETBB* people on ya' when I heard about it.......

Mike

  • People for the Ethical Treatment of Bowling Balls

;^)

Reply to
Mike Simmons

But...but...but.. the bowling ball kicked my ass!! They're tough little bastards.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I'll interperate that to say that you think that I know what I'm doing. Thank you!! SUCKER...

Ohio is very similiar to Ma... I can't say how many times I've heard a variation of that.

Damn, missed again. I'll never work for you at this rate. I got spare solinoids, cylinders, springs, pins, fluid, tools, furnace tape but I got a Verison cell..... damn...

I don't know if I'd call it a surcharge. If I was a cust and got a bill for $xx to clean my lot and another $x tacked onto the bottom for fuel it'd really leave a bad taste in my mouth. I think I'd rather the base rate go up $5 than to see another line tacked on. Around here a few years ago, one of the bigger professional grass mowers added a gas surcharge to their bill and it didn't go over too well.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Okay, okay, you oughta know what the hell yer doin'. Sorta shows a rabbit can be taught.

Nah, it's the friggin carrots all over the parking lots. ,G>

Around here the electric and gas call it a fuel adjustment. You could put it on as a surcharge and when/if the price comes down below $3@gal take it off.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Have you ever tried it??? Melts ice better than salt.........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

give him a break, Mike... he probably used a bowling ball cuz he couldn't hit a baseball...

ya know, the right to arm bears probably doesn't cover bunnies, does it?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I'd be more worried about the used carrots all over the lot, bro...

Once you've been around bunnies, you never eat a raisin again.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I wonder if it would be a substitute for sand?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

'course not.... it only covers bears!

:^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Gawd . . .some things just never change . . . .

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yeh... ain't it great!!!