Ping Geekboy

Page 2 of 2

Yeah because I was going to look how to get at the wire for pin 6 when i noticed the problem wire.. 1-7 are in a circle while #8 is in the center. Each one s clearly marked. I could look again, but I think it was orange with black stripe or the other was around..blakc with orange strip, but I know I was on #7.

I think I will go find some transmission and oil pressure gauges and try that first. According to the manual that would seem to more pinpoint the problem area. Unless you think a air pressure test would be better.

It's not a switch. It's a DTT 1140 Smart Controller. When the transmission started failing, it was engaged. There is a switch to turn it on an off on the dash. It lights when on in use.

Nope, that's fine. I was still thinking you had removed the transmission.

That's the last thing I will do. That is a lot of work. Though now I am having trouble finding a set of pressure gauges that are NOT online. Having a dispute with bank and do not want to use it till it is solved.
Also since I reconnected wire 7 back together, I have seen another problem. The TRANS TEMP and O/D lights remain lit until after the engine is started.

Yeah? I've heard that... :)

I got mine at a plumbing supply house - fittings, too.

as I was able to man handle it myself, but this one is double the size and would a pain in the ass. Guess If I had to I could purchase one of those ATV lifts.

Didi not realize that. What size are fittings?
Thanks for the info.

The trans test ports are all 1/8" NPT. My gauges were 1/4" NPT. A simple matter to adapt it down to 1/8" (1/4" coupler, 1/4-1/8" bushing, and a 4" long 1/8" nipple). You may be able to just get 1/8" gauges. Get a coupler and a short nipple, too - some of the ports are in a tight spot, and the gauge by itself won't fit.