Ping..Mac

I got a couple of stocks that I put tung oil on before you got me started on Danish oil. I like the Danish oil much better. Can Danish oil be put on over the Tung oil or does the Tung oil need to be removed??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ya know, I didn't know that wabbits had oil on their tung. Now I have to ask, how did you apply it? Licking? How many splinters did you get?

Reply to
azwiley1

I figured I'd come to this thread and scold both of you for posting anything other than dodge trucks. Ya better look out the weekend is over and Craig is back and he's pissed. I'll probably be in the shit for top posting. But f*ck it, I'm blaming Larry.

Reply to
Roy

Some times it is better to be on top!

Reply to
azwiley1

It depends (hate to use that word around old farts like Roy) on if the tung oil was "pure" or contained poly of some other hardener/topcoat... I'd guess that Danish Oil would still penetrate the wood through the tung oil, but not if it had poly or shellac in it.. I'd probably go over the area with synthetic steel wool before oiling the stock..

OTOH, you could just wrap a "Real trucks don't need spark plugs" bumper sticker around it.. Mac

mac davis