Ping<< mac, Mike, Jerry et al

A friend also a CV, who did a couple of tours as a crew chief gave me a dvd entitled In The Shadow Of The Blade. Had a pic of a Huey on it. Told him I'd seen all the stuff about nam I needed to see. Told me it wasn't about nam but after, kinda a documentary about the Huey and the effect it has. To this day ain't one of us that hear's the wop, wop, wop, of the blades that doesn't look up. He is right, I always stop and look up. Anyway, I watched it Saturday night. Was like nothing I had seen before, the photography was absolutely beautiful. The content, well ya gotta watch it yourself. Believe me, it will leave you drained. Oh, I'd suggest you have a box of Kleenex handy. If you have seen it you know what I'm talking about.

Here's the site:

Roy

Reply to
Roy

CV???

Yep.. I live a little over a mile away from the National Guard airstrip and hear them all the time.. NOTHING has the same sound as a Huey dropping for approach..

Not sure from the web site whether I'm ready to order the DVD, but it sounds like you got something out of it, bro..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Combat vet.

Guess it is part of a seemingly never ending process. I think everybody would get somthing out of it. Obviously some more than others.

Bro, a number of my friends have watched it. None them feel that it is damageing. The songs that are at the bottom right at the site give a bit of the content. I guess you'd call the dvd a narrative.

Roy

Reply to
Roy