<<>>

Page 1 of 2
IIrc you have a factory nav system. Here's the story. I can't get the damn thing to take me around NYC and over the Tappen Zee Bridge and south on the
Garden State Parkway back to I-95 at the Jersey turnpike. I can enter a city on the GS and that's fine Then if I put in FL it takes a left and put's me back on I-95 way north of where I want to be on roads I don't want to be on.. Any thoughts?
Roy

bound books that are easy to use.
<VBG>
Denny

Ah, my pudgy friend, you are on a friggin' roll aren't ya. <BFG>
Roy

Truely, digital vs. analog...
FMB (North Mexico)

That's it! Encourage him. Geeeeeezzzzzz..... <VBG>
Roy

Roy wrote:

I assume its accepting your destination entry fine but the route it uses to get there is bad?
I have the Chrysler REC Nav. system and am using the AE revision of the DVD software. You might try changing the routing setting. There are selections to favor highways, quickest route, shortest route etc. Each will give a different route.
What revision is your DVD? With the AE revision I was able to apply a patch from carhack.org to disable the in-motion lockouts so a passenger can fully use the GPS while I'm driving. I also noticed the AE has several new features as well as improved maps.

Yup, damn thing wants to take me over the George Washington Bridge. The Garmin at first was the same but you could toss in other cities on the route you want and sort of cheat it. The DC one won't let you. I could always keep on entering final destinations but thought there might be a way around it.

Tried that.

Not sure, it's a 06, I'll look in the morning.

Roy wrote:

I'll have to go look but I thought there is a way to add stops and/or tell it to avoid certain roads.
Roy wrote:

Just checked on mine and there is a way to tell it to avoid a road. You can also create an itinerary that involves a sequence of routes/stops allowing you to break it down into smaller segments to route it how you want. I haven't tried that feature yet though.

I tried that and you have to give like the name of a building or some such. I'm going to mess with it more later today. Thanks for your input.
Roy
Roy wrote:

On mine there is a selection that lists all the roads on the route with an option to select each one to avoid. This causes it to reroute another way. This should work for you.

That option is not on mine.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Hmm, I thought the avoid road option was on my older AD revision as well. The revision letters are shown on the top of the DVD.

The only numbers on mine are 05064(in small font) in larger font 033AD on the disc. It also says 2004-2005 Alpine Electronics on the edge. Hmmm it also has a 8oo number to call. Think I will.

After you enter a destination and it computes a route go to the main menu and select Route Options. It should have a selection for Avoid Roads/View Turn List. This only comes up if a destination is already entered. It could be new on the AE revision but I didn't think so.

I'll give it a shot. It will have to be in the AM though, wife is out with the car.

say's, nope, it does what it does. Not like a garmin. Have to continually reprogram it. Oh well, better than nothing.
Roy wrote:

Thats odd. I have not tried it but I can clearly see a menu option to avoid a road on mine. That would certainly cause it to reroute another way. Most of the time it routes correctly but I have seen some mess ups. The AE revision I have does work better than the older AD mostly because the maps have been updated at least in my area.

Let me know please. I'm sure they will sell me the newer version.