ping: Nate .. old baja pics

Page 1 of 7
Hey Nate.. I found this page.... these are from when the house was going up.. I'll post some current ones or I can email them to ya.. http://www.davisbaja.com/sept-baja.htm

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Bro, please post them here so we can all see them.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Yea. What he said.
Bob

I can't.. my new news server strips them..
If I get them on a page I'll post the link here.. fighting a damn cold now.. *hack*

Messages with binary attachments don't get passed through many servers on the inbound side either. You can post them at www.tinypic.com for free.
--
Ken

I'll throw a bunch on one of the web pages when I feel better..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I hope you feel better soon. I was sick as a dog on Wednesday. I laid on the couch for about 18 hours with a fever. I only got up for bathroom breaks and my head hurt so bad I could hardly keep my balance. I'm still feeling some of it today but I'm medicating with copious amounts of a fermented malted barley and hops remedy. It doesn't do much for balance but it eases the pain some.
--
Ken

No, I got them on your first attempt.
Roy
i never got them. message was empty.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

hmm... your server must have stripped them... Did you get the link for the old ones?
http://www.davisbaja.com/sept-baja.htm
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

i did. thats really neat. what is that type of housing called and how is it constructed?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

Not sure what you mean by "Type of housing"? If you mean the style, I'd guess something like "Southwest" but I really don't know.. They just ask that it have a "Mexican" flow to it.. We pretty much told the builder that we wanted 2 bedrooms and baths, a shop and as few walls as possible.. His 2nd floorplan was right on and we told him to go for it.. The great room is about 30 feet long with no walls dividing what would be kitchen/living/dining rooms in the states.. Lots of open space and windows, lots of French doors, front and back verandas, etc..
The foundation is concrete slab poured on packed red dirt... The exterior walls are stuff made up of cement and styrofoam, known as "durawall", Performa wall" and "Newdura"... Sort of like building out of block, except the material is much lighter and better insulating.. Also, it comes in a lot longer strips, so it foes up faster..
The roof is cement poured over a form braced on concrete beams on 24" centers.. I can't remember if it's 4, 6, or 8" thick.. The inside ceilings are 6" of foam, which is plastered and painted..
The windows and patio doors are double pane and tinted..
That's about all I can remember, Nate..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I do like that roof. It looks like a nice place to hang out in the evenings and in the morning before the sun cranks up with some interesting views.

It's sort of a myth, T... Everyone thinks that they're going to spend lots of time on the roof, maybe even sleep there some hot nights.. We even had the main part tiled and plumbed for a hot tub..
The reality is you go up once in a while, if it's not too hot or too windy, but most company wants to be on the courtyard or inside..
Our neighbor has a bbq, tables, bar & stools and just about everything else up on his.. I think he used the roof a lot at first but hardly ever does now..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That's too bad. It looks like from the pictures like a nice place to hang out.

It is, weather permitting... The first winter, my wife thought that the roof was a perfect place for her exercise equipment.. (only place, really, no room in the house) She found out that between wind, cold and motivation, the roof was just a good place to store shit..
Don't get me wrong, it is a nice place to hang out sometimes, but since everyone thinks that they're going to practically live on the roof, they make it nice.. then, the next generation of folks see all the nice roofs and think that they have to have one..
We bought a queen-size air bed before we moved.. figured that it would be great for sleeping on the roof.. Never been out of the friggin' box.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

i like it because it looks like a very defensible position. :-)
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

I'll have to post a pic of the neighbor's house.. we call it The Alamo..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

like "ranch house", "victorian house", etc. if i wanted to build a house just like yours i wouldnt know what to begin to ask for.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

We really didn't either...
We spent an afternoon with the builder, looking at homes that he was working on or had recently finished, with him asking "like/dislike" questions.. The next day we met at his office and talked about size, price, etc..
he emailed ideas until we liked one..
Most have web pages with sample houses and floor plans, too..