ping: Nate .. old baja pics

You still trying to argue about a country you have never been too, have no family there and know zilch about? Ya, thats your style.

Reply to
Miles

Thats the average, not median income. Again, people in Mexico have vastly different priorities. They live quite well. Now quit trying to argue about a country you have never even been too.

Take a look. Mexico is ranked between Australia and Poland. Hardly dirt poor countries.

Miles

Nah, I wonder how people like yourself can argue about a country they have zero comprehension of and have never even been there.

How many people do not come here? What part of Mexico's society is coming here? You have no clue to either answer.

Reply to
Miles

Generally speaking yes it is. For any problem in Mexico's Gov. it's not too difficult to find the same thing in the USA.

Reply to
Miles

IOW;s your a typical person that assumes Mexico is dirt poor with a highly corrupt non-functional Gov. all based on anything but fact. The USA's Gov. is corrupt in much the same manner.

Reply to
Miles

Thats true. For all the problems people state about the Mexican Gov. they seem to ignore very similar problems in the USA.

Reply to
Miles

Nathan W. Collier wrote: \

Thats an old myth. Doesn't happen very often just as in the USA. It was more common 20-30 years ago but not so much today. Attempting to bribe a law official will more often than not get you into far more trouble.

Reply to
Miles

It's sort of a myth, T... Everyone thinks that they're going to spend lots of time on the roof, maybe even sleep there some hot nights.. We even had the main part tiled and plumbed for a hot tub..

The reality is you go up once in a while, if it's not too hot or too windy, but most company wants to be on the courtyard or inside..

Our neighbor has a bbq, tables, bar & stools and just about everything else up on his.. I think he used the roof a lot at first but hardly ever does now..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

We really didn't either...

We spent an afternoon with the builder, looking at homes that he was working on or had recently finished, with him asking "like/dislike" questions.. The next day we met at his office and talked about size, price, etc..

he emailed ideas until we liked one..

Most have web pages with sample houses and floor plans, too..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Very true.. I saw a lot of really packed housing in the Fresno & Madera areas of CA...

A big difference there is that these were seasonal workers, following crops from Mexico, Ca, AZ and so on, as crops were ready to pick..

Otoh, very few people crossing the borders illegally are very highly skilled.. The demand for skilled labor, especially high tech, is very strong in the Ensenada and TJ areas and building skills are in demand in most of Baja..

Some of the larger condo complexes going up in my area have had to import a lot of the labor from the States..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Only in the movies, nate, as far as we've seen... Everyone told us that we should carry a lot of cash in several different places so we could pay bribes all the time... NOT..

You wouldn't believe the hoops that we had to jump through to move here, not pay full tariff on our stuff, and such... Also, we're not allowed to work, unless we can prove that the job doesn't cause a National to lose job or chance of one..

We pass through a military checkpoint whenever we head to the border or back.. Those kids with m-16's sure look serious when they search the cars..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Also, Miles, as I've mentioned a few times, what SKILL LEVEL people are going to the States?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Actually... I agree with him, Miles.. Believing shit that the Mexican or United States governments tell you is like believing in the Easter Bunny... (sorry Denny)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

That's too bad. It looks like from the pictures like a nice place to hang out.

Reply to
TBone

That's kinda funny as many of the builders here in NC (at least my area) are Mexican and many don't speak much if any english. Now I don't know if they are all illegals or not but I bet some of them are as it sorta looks like they live in that van they drive to the sites. Then again, their work is far from the best that I have seen but they are paid by the job, not the hour so the more work that they do.... I guess that many will always go where the money is. Now that the building in shis state is rapidly comming to a halt as it is in many other areas of the country, you may get some of them back.

Reply to
TBone

Just because you lived there doesn't make you an expert as you are more than proving here.

Reply to
TBone

Did you actually bother to click on the link and read it or are you just trying to make it easier for me? There population below the poverty level is 40%. Since you seem to be stuck in moron mode, that means that almost half of the population doesn't make enough to really survive. This is what makes up your cultural differences and why so many try and come here, legally or otherwise. Even from the link that you sent me: "CALDERON has stated that his top priorities include reducing poverty and creating jobs" it also mentions the need to upgrade infrastructure and modernize labor laws. Sorry Miles, but while Mexico has come a long way and continues to improve, they still have a lot of issues and a lot of poor that simply cannot find work and not all of it is unskilled labor.

Reply to
TBone

Give it up Miles. That's all that you can say because you have no valid argument.

And neither do you miles as there is no way to know. All you can do is assume and your assumptions are clouded by your bias just like everyone elses.

Reply to
TBone

Oh, really Miles??? Then how do you explain the last and upcomming elections?

Reply to
TBone

WOW.. I can't even imagine being from Mexico, especially the Baja, and experiencing a NC winter... *shudder*