PING Roy

Hey man, in your Charger, what audio set up do you have, regular or premium? Where are all your speakers located?

Reply to
azwiley1

Premium. 200 watt kicker subwoofer, 276 watt amplifier. It has 11 speakers, which are all over the place. I think some are doubles but are part of the

11 speaker count.
Reply to
Roy

A kicker system huh? What year is it again, 06? I thought that they had all changed over to the Boston Acoustics in 05 - 06? Anyway, 11 speakers, three in dash, one in each front door (which shuold be subs) two in rear deck, one each rear doors? Tying to get an idea of the layout as I might buy one and want to play with a plan for the system I would put in.

Reply to
azwiley1

Yup, 06. It is not a bad system, I've heard worse and heard better. Guess it has to do with the configuration of the car. It cut's through the noise of the exhaust unless I'm really on it. You have the speaker layout about right I think. As I said I believe some are doubled for the total to hit eleven.

Reply to
Roy

Cool. That means I could but one hell of a system in there, and using the deck I am thinking about (if I get a charger) I will be able to run a front, rear, center and sub set up.

Reply to
azwiley1

If you are thinking about a charger, go for the SRT8. Make's the regular hemi feel like a 6. Plus ya get a bunch more stuff with the SRT8. All depends what your looking for.

Reply to
Roy

Was actually looking at just getting the SXT. I don't need a(nother) V-8 with the truck and gas prices going up. This will be my daily driver and the truck will become my toy/play vehicle. Mind you, this is all dependant on how it all plays out with the job abd the wives lawsuit.

Reply to
azwiley1

The wife has a 06 Magnum that is pretty sharp. Has a V6 that is damn snappy. Has about 20K on it with no problems.

Reply to
Roy

Depeneding on time and all that, I might look at the new, reborn, avenger. It appears to have the same 3.5l V6 available as the Charger and Magnum, but is about 8k cheaper. The pics of it on Dodges site look pretty sharp.

Reply to
azwiley1

by my count your missing 2 speakers in that count. possibly some flag tweeters at the A pillar or top of the door panel?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Yeah, I know I was a few short. Trying to go from memory on most set ups that I have dealt with all of which were OEM 7 speaker systems. If there are tweets up from man that has to make it pretty "bright" having that many speakers located in such close proximity to each other.

Reply to
azwiley1

Let me see if I can find the exact location for you gentleman.

Reply to
Roy

That would be might white of you! I am still guessing three in the dash, two 8" subs in the front doors, two in the rear doors, two in the rear deck lid, two questionable..

Reply to
azwiley1

Your slightest request, is my pleasure. Here ya go. The dash speakers are 2 way type, so they count as four in the dash. One speaker in the front doors=2, the rear deck are again 2 way so that is another 4. The one subwoofer= 11 Talk about fuzzy math but that's the deal.

Reply to
Roy

Wow!

Reply to
azwiley1

Yup, my thoughts as well. But with my hearing and at 80+mph, it gets it done for me.

Reply to
Roy