PING Tom L

Page 2 of 2

About $3,300 per year in fuel costs

Then give the money to buy a "commuter car" and I will drive it! Right now, I ONLY have the truck, so what do all you rocket scientist suggest I do. To make money I have to work, to get to work I have to drive, to drive I have to use my truck as that is all I have. Hmm...

I'm "suggesting" nothing... I have no opinion on what you should drive. That's your decision. I simply completed a math problem.

:^p

Who pissed in your corn flakes? Just helping ya with your math. I'd think you'd look real good in a "commuter car" sorta fit's your personality. <GBMFG>
See, Buddism strikes again!!<G>

What, a Yugo! Gee thanks. Oh and no one did, I didn't have corn flakes this morning maybe that is it!

Yep... I see a puff-blue VW Beetle, with a little bouquet in the flower holder, and a pink iPod cranking out Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy"

him for full effect. <G>

And with fuel costs here currently the savings would be more like 2500
azwiley1 wrote:

One can pick up a beater commuter car around here (old Honda or Toyota) for the cost of your fuel savings over a year or two.
Of course there are additional costs associated with another car (especially an old one) that would cut into the return on investment time.
I once had a temporary job down in CT that ran from March to November when funding would go away, so I decided to do the 83 mile each way commute rather than move, so I understand why you might choose to stick out the commute over other options.
[I used a cheap old VW Rabbit for my "econocar" for many years and it worked quite well at 32 mpg.]
I used to be a driving fool (not dangerous,just loved to drive!) and I still am to slightly lesser degree, but that 170 mile round trip commute got old fairly soon and I was glad when it ended!
SMH