PING Tom L

Actually I sat down and figured it out Roy, I really would not save much. Right now, I fill up Sunday everning, which lasts me until Wednesday morning, using the math above, knowing that it is a 73 mile (one way) trip, Iwould still be filling up just as often. Also using the math above, filling up the "car" would cost me about 300 a month, compared to 520 a momth with the truck. Yeah the savings of 220 a month would be nice, but what kind of car am I going to get for that? To save that money I would have to not drive the truck, so how would I get to work? I don't have the money to shell out for a "commuting car" unless RICHARD is going to give up. Besides, I hope to be landing a perm position here and if that happens I am moving close enough to ride my motorcycle, so...

Reply to
azwiley1

Then give the money to buy a "commuter car" and I will drive it! Right now, I ONLY have the truck, so what do all you rocket scientist suggest I do. To make money I have to work, to get to work I have to drive, to drive I have to use my truck as that is all I have. Hmm...

Reply to
azwiley1

And with fuel costs here currently the savings would be more like 2500

Reply to
azwiley1

I'm "suggesting" nothing... I have no opinion on what you should drive. That's your decision. I simply completed a math problem.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

:^p

Reply to
azwiley1

Who pissed in your corn flakes? Just helping ya with your math. I'd think you'd look real good in a "commuter car" sorta fit's your personality.

See, Buddism strikes again!!

Reply to
Roy

What, a Yugo! Gee thanks. Oh and no one did, I didn't have corn flakes this morning maybe that is it!

Reply to
azwiley1

One can pick up a beater commuter car around here (old Honda or Toyota) for the cost of your fuel savings over a year or two.

Of course there are additional costs associated with another car (especially an old one) that would cut into the return on investment time.

I once had a temporary job down in CT that ran from March to November when funding would go away, so I decided to do the 83 mile each way commute rather than move, so I understand why you might choose to stick out the commute over other options.

[I used a cheap old VW Rabbit for my "econocar" for many years and it worked quite well at 32 mpg.]

I used to be a driving fool (not dangerous,just loved to drive!) and I still am to slightly lesser degree, but that 170 mile round trip commute got old fairly soon and I was glad when it ended!

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

Yep... I see a puff-blue VW Beetle, with a little bouquet in the flower holder, and a pink iPod cranking out Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy"

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You can see that?? Maybe we can get my pink rabbit buddy in the car with him for full effect.

Reply to
Roy