Pintle hitch question

Question is:
How do I select the correct drop down/up pintle adapter for my 2" receiver?
Do I need to measure the trailer to be towed height from the ground when
it is level?
Do I need to consider the sag from the weight on the hitch?
The unsprung height to the middle of my receiver is 21" from the ground.
The Truck is a 2005 Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it.
The Hitch is from Dodge, I put it in myself.
The current receiver unit is a Master-Lock adjustable which has done well by me, as I can install 3 different ball sizes for various trailer hook-ups.
Too bad they don't make a adjustable height pintle setup.
Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Kurt
Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Actually they do and have for years and I have one too that I use with a trailer of mine. It comes in two pieces. The part that slides in receiver with a 1/2 inch plate on it and several sets of bolt holes and then the Pintle hitch clasp that bolts to it. But using different bolt hole and inverting part in receiver I can get about a 10 inch range out of mine. Also the ring on trailer is also bolted on to trailer tougne on a flat plate with several holes as well allowing it to be adjusted as well. TSC/Tractor Suppy sells them adjustable and I am other carry them as well. The are not rare at all. Figure on 85 to 100 bucks for both pieces togehter. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Thanks for the info SnoMan!
I did see that kind of configuration & was thinking this was what I would need to go for.
Now I need to install a trailer brake controller & the other working that goes with it for the 7 pin to trailer setup.
Not sure I have a Tractor Supply store near me out here in South East massachusetts, but I'll look around.
Thanks again for the help!
Kurt
Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

I'm in that area and I don't believe there is. You might want to check out Pioneer Truck Parts on rte. 6 in Seekonk

Here's the phone number, 508-336-7000

Thanks to all that have responded to my questions! I have saved all of the answers & will be looking into these great pieces of info one by one.
I am sure I will solve my needs from the help that you all gave me!
Ya know, I have been on the Internet since "Prodigy" first started it up in my area back in 1990, & one of the first things I came across was the "usenet" If you ask any kid out there now about "usenet" they say "What?" They don't have a clue that it is out here & very useable!
In 1973 I started operating large main-frame computers, 3 years later went to school to learn how to repair them (no PC's back then) my Company paid for my electronics degree & I continued working for them for another 4 years.
I still love computers & especially the Internet, for the reason how it became a tool for people from around the World can now communicate & share info, without barriers!
Thanks again guys.
Kurt wrote:

http://www.tractorsupplyco.com/about_TSC.asp?pageID=states One in Pittsfield and one in Southampton
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:05:05 +0000, jeffrey David Miller wrote:

There are also other suppliers to order online through, Tractor supply has this feature too i'm sure although i've not used their website, Northern Tool and etrailers.com for 2 examples.