Playing Creative Zen MP3 thruogh 2005 Ram Stereo- the FM setup stinks-- Can I wire it directly using headphone-out??

I have the standard 05 CD/Stereo played in my Hemi Ram mega cab, and just got a Creative Zen Sleek 20 gig MP3 player. The hookup with a FM transmitter is crappy at best (it went to 107.9 mHz) during the seek
to find a clear channel during setup). I want to wire the player directly to to stereo using the headphone jack as output. I assume this can be done, but need to know the pin configuration for the connector. There is an unused smaller connection port next to the one in service. Is this for the optional CD Changer, and can it be used?
TIA
snipped-for-privacy@fort.net says...

Well, I would recommend that you just go and buy any decent aftermarket head unit, and keep the original to put back in the truck when you sell it. They really aren't very good.
BDK

It can, with the right piece of hardware:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rJYfAxvqywC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g "7450&IX1DFCHR
Interesting dilema. Spend $80 (tax&ship) for add-on that will most likely do the job just fine - (MP3's are a tradeoff on quality anyway) or $150 up for an aftermarket . Does anyone know the output specs of the stock player compared to, say a Sony? I mean frequency response and range, not power. To get really good sound I am inclined to replace the speakers before investing in a new head unit. Right now I am trying to get by as cheap as possible. IMHO Road noise kills any exceptional qualities of a high-end unit (except for bass) anyway.
Thanks for your responses.
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:07:52 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Oh, ok... then in that case, you can do something like this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gk80g3fWlLX/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=FM+modulator&i 2FMMOD01
This will still modulate your iPod audio over an FM frequency, but because it's inline with your FM antenna, you're not competing with stray FM signals outside of your vehicle.
Thanks for the info. Looks like what I am after. Do you work for Crutchfield?? LOL!!
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:28:23 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Dammit... I've been found out! :)
Nah - their site is just quick and easy to find stuff, and link to it. There's any number of places you can get a wired FM modulator from, and probably even cheaper than that - but at least you get the idea.