Power outlet 95 RAM 1500

This is my third RAM. On my '96 and '02 the power outlet was hot whether the truck was running or not. I now have a '95. It's only hot when the key is "on" or in the "accessory" position. Has this thing been rewired? Or is this normal for a '95.

Ed Dowdy Fithian IL

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Normal. My '95 is the same.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I was afraid of that. Thanks Tom.

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Did they actually call it a "power outlet" in 95?

Most trucks back then had a cigarette lighter, and later models had a lighter along with one or more power outlets... in most cases, that's the difference, a lighter is switched and a power outlet is always hot..

I bought a fused power outlet for about $10 at an auto parts place that has 2 sockets... wired it directly into the truck.. it hangs anywhere you can put 2 small screws..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah, it's separate from the lighter.

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Yep, My '95 just like it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Reply to
High Sierra

I don't know. Why don't you read it to me.

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy