Power outlet 95 RAM 1500

This is my third RAM. On my '96 and '02 the power outlet was hot whether the truck was running or not. I now have a '95. It's only hot when the key is
"on" or in the "accessory" position. Has this thing been rewired? Or is this normal for a '95.
Ed Dowdy Fithian IL

Normal. My '95 is the same.
I was afraid of that. Thanks Tom.

Denny
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:32:03 GMT, "Edward L. Dowdy"

Most trucks back then had a cigarette lighter, and later models had a lighter along with one or more power outlets... in most cases, that's the difference, a lighter is switched and a power outlet is always hot..
I bought a fused power outlet for about $10 at an auto parts place that has 2 sockets... wired it directly into the truck.. it hangs anywhere you can put 2 small screws..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Yeah, it's separate from the lighter.

What does the Owner manual say about the power outlet? Assuming you even have the owners manual.
Edward L. Dowdy wrote:

Virus Database (VPS): 0540-1, 04/10/2005
I don't know. Why don't you read it to me.

Get A new truck and you will get 2 always hot and 1 that's not.