Power? POWER? What about milleage?

I lived in New York, and never plugged it in. it started fine even in freezing weather.

John

Reply to
John

What would lower gears due to gas mileage, which is what this thread is all about?

John

Reply to
John

Higher numerically (lower) would increase it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

As Tom said, higher numerically ( changing from 3.73 to 4.10 for instance) would make it easier to pull a load. But, at the same vehicle speed the engine would run at a higher RPM. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would mean lower mileage.

John

Reply to
John

Apologies, my bad, the above is WRONG!!

Trying to do too many things at once.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I have a 360, 5 speed, 4X4 and a CTD, 6 speed, 4X4. The Diesel gets better mileage empty or pulling, and has lots more power. In fact, the Diesel gets better mileage pulling my race car and trailer than the gas truck gets empty.

Al

Reply to
Big Al