Power seat motor problem??

I have a bad power seat motor and have taken apart the motor to see what the problem is. Ram 1500 1998. The motor is perfect but a series internal "thermal protector" is bad. It has about 28 ohms of resistance. What is this device and how does it work? It does not look like a thermal fuse. It looks like it should go up in resistance when you reach the end of travel and the motor draws excessive current. Then it should drop back to an ohm or two after it cools down. This is the only thing I can find wrong with the motor. Have you ever seen this before? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marvin

PS I'm betting a new motor is $100 !!

Reply to
Marvin Moss

For what its worth: I shorted or soldered around it and it's been working fine since.

Reply to
Michael