power window switch or relay

i know i'm sounding like a complete moron, but where do you find the pin numbers? on the 8 pin connector a yellow wire is on each end, so whatever end is the end rather than the first pin is hard to tell. on the 12 pin connector, the there is only one tan wire but it sits right in the middle, so i am not sure how that gets to pin 9.

Reply to
theguy

Yeah... that would be the case, wouldn't it. You want the thicker of the two (the 14 gauge wire, not the 20 gauge). For reference, looking at the connector from the wire side, locking tab on top, pin #1 is the upper-left,

4 is the upper-right, 5 is lower-left, and 8 is lower-right.

Again, 1-6 on the top, and 7-12 on the bottom.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

perfect. thank you very much, that was right on. did it and my passengers have their power windows back! again, thank you.

Reply to
theguy

Wanna come over and do mine, too? :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You might even get Tom to let you use the garage........

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

well........just from reading what he writes here, i doubt he'd let me near his truck. he seems to have a mechanics knack. me, i have a a nack for messing up anything mechanical. but, i did take my time with this jumper and i even used real connectors to jump it instead of a knife and electrical tape.

Reply to
theguy

LOL

glad you got it to work out for ya.

and he did ask if you would do it for him *cheezy grin*

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson