Practical way to weigh a trailer

Page 1 of 3
I made a trailer and want to get it weighed. Went to a truck stop, but my trailer was too light for their scales. Any other suggestions?

Two bathroom scales.

Roy wrote:

Actually, you would need three: each wheel and the tongue. When I weigh my car, I use a scale under each wheel, and add them all up for a total weight. You might also try a moving company. They often have large scales for weighing vehicles. ALthough they might be using the same scales as the truck stop. Drive on with truck and trailer and check weight. Remove trailer, weigh truck alone.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

I do not know if the bathroom scale comment was meant to be humorous, but my trailer weighs, according to my projections and estimates, 1,500-1,700 lbs.
Ignoramus18738 wrote:

Not at all. When I weigh my Cobra to set corner and cross weights, I use 4 bathroom scales and 4 fulcrums. Not as easy as fancy racing scales, but they sure are a whole lot cheaper.
I was thinking it was a small lightweight trailer, since a truck scale couldn't do it. But 1,500# is a lot of weight (for an empty trailer).
If you just want to know how much the trailer weighs, I would weigh truck and trailer together, then remove the trailer and weigh the truck alone.
If you want to know how the trailer is balanced, where the center is, etc, you'll need individual scales.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
Roy wrote:

Even my small Hybrid trailer weighs about 5,000lbs loaded. I do not know very many bathroom scales rated to 1666lbs each.

They are at Denny's house.<VBG>
if he's got a small utility trailer 3 300lb bathroom scales could do the job. we don't know what size trailer he's trying to weigh. but since its so light that it wont show on a truck scale I would guess that its a small utility trailer or 4 wheeler trailer something of that sort.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

My guess is that it is about 1,700 lbs. I want to know for sure how much it weighs.
I've had people suggest I buy one for myself.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

If you want a real answer to your problem ask me not this guy as he is just a troll. There is a simple solution. Go the any farmers grainer/mill that accepts grain. They will have scalles that can easily weight it. I have one near here that can weigh anything from a few hunderd pounds to 100,000 lbs and it is rated plus or minus 20 pounds around 4K. I use it to weigh vehicles and front and rear axle weights. Truck stop scales are generaly not as flexible. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

It is okay Idiot, you have no credibility here at this group.

You are a riot! You can keep you head in the sand if you want as the choice is yours. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Oh look, the emperor has new clothes!

At times I can be quite funny, thank you.

And you may keep your's where it has been for some time. Totally stuck in your ass.

Yours has been stuck there so long it is doubtful you know how to remove it.

says...

We laugh "with" Roy but we laugh "at" you Snoball. The sooner this sinks into that thick head of yours the better.

Man I seriously do not know why this guy keeps posting... To say he was dense would be an understatement. I think along with posting corrections to his dribble we should include links to his other "masterpieces". This may keep him from anymore vain attempts at distorting the facts as I think he forgets everything he says gets archived.
Sno on brakes: http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo

One of the best examples of when someone is stupid to the sub-atomic level and as such, doesn't and never will understand how stupid they are.

That sounds like a real good idea. At least it would point out what we have been talking about.
Roy

Ya know when I answered this in jest I figured anybody would weigh the combined and then reweigh the truck. Guess I was way wrong.

I doubt if I could get an accurate answer this way.
.