Practical way to weigh a trailer

Not at all. When I weigh my Cobra to set corner and cross weights, I use 4 bathroom scales and 4 fulcrums. Not as easy as fancy racing scales, but they sure are a whole lot cheaper.

I was thinking it was a small lightweight trailer, since a truck scale couldn't do it. But 1,500# is a lot of weight (for an empty trailer).

If you just want to know how much the trailer weighs, I would weigh truck and trailer together, then remove the trailer and weigh the truck alone.

If you want to know how the trailer is balanced, where the center is, etc, you'll need individual scales.

Reply to
.boB

At times I can be quite funny, thank you.

And you may keep your's where it has been for some time. Totally stuck in your ass.

Yours has been stuck there so long it is doubtful you know how to remove it.

Reply to
Roy

The truck scales around here can weigh the difference between a full tank and half-full when I roll across on my bike. If you don't have any locally try an aggregate yard; their scales are precise to the pound or better.

Wolfie

Reply to
Wolfie

I also wondered about it, but,. life is what it is and truck scales are not what will give me an accurate answer.

I have a big page with a lot of pictures about how I built this trailer:

It uses a bed from a military trailer M105A2. It is a super sturdy and strong, but relatively small trailer.

I want to know its weight due to loading considerations.

Ignoramus18738

Good idea. Thanks.

Ignoramus18738

I doubt if I could get an accurate answer this way.

.
Reply to
Ignoramus18738

We laugh "with" Roy but we laugh "at" you Snoball. The sooner this sinks into that thick head of yours the better.

Man I seriously do not know why this guy keeps posting... To say he was dense would be an understatement. I think along with posting corrections to his dribble we should include links to his other "masterpieces". This may keep him from anymore vain attempts at distorting the facts as I think he forgets everything he says gets archived.

Sno on brakes:

Heatwave

One of the best examples of when someone is stupid to the sub-atomic level and as such, doesn't and never will understand how stupid they are.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Scrap yard, or recycling center. The one near me has a scale which reads in 20 pound increments. Drive on. Detach trailer. Drive on again. Subtract.

You went to a truck stop and couldn't get weighed? That's pathetic, man!

(Anyone remember the "want to get weighed" joke? I'll tell it, if you ask.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've had people suggest I buy one for myself.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you mean that I am pathetic, or the truck scale?

Ignoramus18738

Or any concrete batching plant.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

That sounds like a real good idea. At least it would point out what we have been talking about.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Any man who goes to a truck stop and can't get weighed is doing something wrong. You're pathetic.

If you know the joke, the above statement is funny. Happy to tell the joke, if someone asks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Speech impediment?

Reply to
Roy

A wittle more information, and they'll have the whole joke.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This thread is unbelievable as to how much conversation it has generated. To weigh a trailer you do what has been done for the last 50 years - you go to a truck stop, weigh the truck and trailer together, unhook the trailer and then weigh just the truck. With just the trailer on the scale and the truck off the scale gives you trailer axle weight.

Reply to
Electrician

"This thread is unbelievable as to how much conversation it has generated."

And yet..." To weigh a trailer..."

LOL!

Wolfie

Reply to
Wolfie

I think that was my suggestion early on. Sometimes in this group we generate more heat than light.

:^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Stick around if you can handle it. Not only will it get better but it will get worse.

Reply to
azwiley1