problem with front end of my 03 dakota

Recently got my truck aligned. The day after, while i was turning my wheel all the way to one side, backing up, heard a loud pop come from the front end. Instantly the truck wasnt aligned anymore and now everytime i turn my wheel all the way in one direction i hear a loud grinding sound coming from my front end. Had it aligned two more times, but every time the same thing happens. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
liltony

Check lower and upper ball joints for play

Reply to
Scootter

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

COMPLAIN to the alignment facility.

Make them fix it. If it wasn't broken before they fixed it, they broke it fixing it !!!!

anywhooooo...... As to the pop sound AFTER the alignment, My first guess would be that the controll arm bolts are loose enough to let th e arm move a bit during extreme steering to stop.

As to the grinding sound......my first guess would be inner fender well hitting the tires. Second guess would be dust shields on the brake rotors.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke............wonders why you didn't mention ANY parts replacement ........on a 5 year old truck~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster