Puller Tool Question

I'm installing a lift on my 4x4 '04 Ram 1500. Instructions and service manual call for a special tool: #8682 to remove the bushings in the frame that hold the lower control arm. My question is do I need this
tool if I'm not re-using the bushing? The kit has bushings pre-installed. The tool is over $270 and not available until Aug. I can't wait that long to install my lift. Anyone have experience with this?

You can get a one time use tool here for $76.00.
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/dodge4_02-03gas.htm
beekeep
Thanks for the info, I had one of these on order until I canceled the order today, because it was on back order. I improvised and got the bushings out of the frame the hard way. I used a HUGE c-clamp, a steel cup I found laying in the shop and some parts from the factory shocks that I removed. It was interesting to say the least, but it worked.
beekeep wrote:

The tool is over $270 and not available until Aug. I

Homebrewer
Does AutoZone have it available fore loan?
Bob AZ