Pulling Boat with '99 1500 4x4

i acquired (girlfriend bought) a 32' Stinger/twin 454's on a triple axle trailer. Dealer said my 1/2 ton 5.9L 4x4 autotrans/gas would pull it for occasional weekend trips. Now the trick part, i have replaced the axles with
units pulled from a 1 ton diesel so i have heavier components and brakes. Also running 36" tires with 4:10 gears. Tranny went out at 52,000 and was rebuilt and beefed up somewhat. I also added a tranny cooler in the process. Truck came with the towing package from the dealer. Trailer has hydraulic inertial brakes so it supposedly stops well on its own. Should I expect any problems? Any tips on towing safely (top speed, leave out of OD, etc)? i wont be going more than 30 miles or so to drop in water.

big missing item of info... how much does the boat/trailer/gear combo weigh?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

with
process.
any
weigh?
My guess would be around 15,000 ... probably too much weight for a half ton.
Fred
He would be dam lucky if it weighted 15,000 lbs. Properly closer to 20,000 lb mark loaded if not more.

safe bet anyways a tri axle trailer is WAY too much for a half ton truck
wrote:

axle
axles
expect

with
process.
any
weigh?
I do not know that answer. I have looked on the title but cannot locate the GVW of the boat. I know a 38' model weighs around 8k so i am guessing a 32' probably is around 6-7k. i figure it is too heavy too but the dealer insists it will work.
<snip.

well, you've done some mods to the truck, but it's still a 1/2 ton.. my 99 ram QQ with 5.9, auto,3:55 is rated at max towing of about 7,500 pounds.. Our trailer is probably 6,000 loaded, and that's about as close as I'd like to be to max.. you need some kind of cushion for safety..
My guess is that 6-7 k doesn't include the trailer??
(4 different dealers said that we could pull our trailer with our 01 dakota.. they were blowing smoke)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
That is way too much to tow SAFELY with a half ton truck. It has more to do with stability than power and/or/braking. If it starts whipping or swaying, you'll have your hands full for sure!

with
process.
any

Just out of curiosity, how is a 3/4 ton more stable? They are physically the same size and mostly the same parts. Are you referring to the frame twisting or something since it is lighter?
Well, 3/4 tons usually have tires with stiffer sidewalls, and stiffer springs. That's why there is a difference between 1/2 and 3/4 and not just 1/2 and then a 1 ton. I think a boat like that should be pulled with no less than a 1 ton dually for safety reasons. Why would someone want to risk it?