Question re Combustion Chamber Cleaner

Page 2 of 2
"" wrote:
> > > All instructions I've seen re usage of the Mopar CC cleaner > say to "pull > > the air tube off the TB" and spray in the entire contents of
> the can, > > letting the engine load up but not die. > > > > Okay... What air tube? They surely don't mean the big oval > air inlet > > tube to the air cleaner on top of the TB do they? > > > > Do I remove the air cleaner assy and just spray directly > into the TB while > > trying to hold an idle? > > > > Pointers appreciated > > Thanks > > I take the air cleaner off the throttle body, warm the engine > up and keep > the engine idling by hand while spraying directly into the > throttle body. > Just as you empty the can, leave the engine die. Don't worry, > there won't be > a mosquito around when you start it back up. <G> > > Denny
THis is kinda a silly thing to do. Believe it or not, your engine efficency is actually higher with deposits in there due to a higher effective CR ratio. You could use better gas and see some MPG and performance increases or try to clean it out and lower effective CR and keep using that 87 octane sewer gas.

To each his own but I think I'll keep doing it my old silly way. I can't think of a single way that a carboned up engine will run better than a clean one...even with your higher cr theory.
Denny

It won't!
Mike