Questions on '06 Dodge Grand Caravan natural vacuum lead detector pump

Questions on '06 Dodge Grand Caravan natural vacuum lead detector pump:
First where is it located?
What does it do and how does it work?
I'd appreciate a link to more information such as a mechanical/electrical
diagram and whatever else might be available on the vacuum system as I get a code that I'm told means the pump is bad but my gut says the problem is elsewhere.
TIA
Might be a solution here: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t3406885-leak_detection_pump_2006_dodge

That did not help directly but did lead to information that the problem *may* be covered by warranty.
Which would be the better solution.
Thanks very much for the lead!
NM