QUINCY IL DODGE DEALER SUCKS

Page 2 of 2

No, Tom - I'm not being an asshole (at least I'm not trying to be). I will 100% guarantee that you were first to bring up the "new vs. used" point. It's all here in this thread, but I'm going to consolidate (and heavily paraphrase, for the sake of brevity - all the previous posts are right here in this thread if you care to fact-check) it down to the relevant portions.
TB: (That's you) Claimed (or asserted, or asked - whatever) that a Lemon Law claim could help the owner of a 2000 Ram with an apparent habitual problem. GG: (That's Gary) points out, in his own unique way, that you're incorrect TL: (That's me) Says that lemon laws are restricted to the first 2-3 years, depending on the state. Gives an example of NJ's laws. Claims that no state extends LL coverage to 5 years TB: Re-claims that the warranty is in effect for 7 years, so LL coverage should apply TL: Agrees with the concept of "it should be covered under warranty", but says it doesn't qualify for a LL claim. TB: Asks me 'please point to the definition that claims only a new car can be or become a lemon'. NOTE: first time the concept of "new car" is brought up. TL: Posts a link to a site that says, "applies to new cars" - as a direct response to your challenge of 'only a new car can become a lemon'. TB: Argues that the OP is the original owner, so it's not a used vehicle (although no one ever claimed it was). TL: Claims TB is twisting things around... TB: Claims that I was the one who specifically mentioned used cars', then calls me an asshole for it
Okay... now, after looking through that, I can see where the confusion came. When you said, "please point to the definition that claims only a new car can be or become a lemon", I interpreted that as, "Any car, new or used, can be a lemon". That's why, when I posted the link, I pointed out that it specifically said "new", and mentioned nothing about used.
So, if that's where the confusion originated, and you didn't mean to imply that a used vehicle (as opposed to new) could be classified as a lemon, then I apologize for making that inference (although it seemed a pretty logical inference to make, given the wording)...
Oh - and I see you've resorted to name-calling... hmm... what was that you said about someone who does that? :)

LOL, it was not so much name calling as getting pissed for being lectured when I am already in agreement with you and then having to deal with Gary's childish actions on top of that, well, enough said.

Apologies while appreciated are not necessary. Just take it easy and give me a chance every now and then. I'm not always the bad guy and am trying to get away from the BS I used to do in the past but old habits do die hard.

Mr. Clinton?!?!? MR. CLINTON??? Come on out now, its ok..... thats right, the hearings are over, you're a former president now. Its ok, you can stop talking.... THWIPPPP(sound of tranq dart hitting muscle) OK boys, on three, lets get him in the truck.
--
Max

T-Bone:
Five years is patently ridiculous! First of all, Lemon Laws vary from state to state, there is no uniformity in time and mileage nor in the relief the consumer is entitled to.
Secondly, a lemon is commonly defined in the industry as a vehicle that for whatever reason has been improperly assembled and thus causes the owner an inordinate amount of aggravation in getting corrected. Having said that, a "true" lemon would exhibit it's flaws early on in the ownership experience, thus the reason for the time limit in state lemon laws. Problems that occur later in the vehicles life can (and many times do!) occur due to the owner's driving habits, lack of maintenance, etc. which I'm sure (hmmmm maybe not!) even you would agree are NOT the manufacturers responsibility.
Mike

I am aware of that and that is why I asked the question but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Thank you for the industry definition. That make a few things clearer

Fair enough but that still doesn't change the fact this particular would fit within the Lemon Law conditions with the exception to age of the vehicle. The part is still under warrantee and multiple attempts to repair the same problem have been unsuccessful.

If the failure occurs do to the above conditions then yes, I do agree but that has nothing to do with the problem here. The problem here is that they have been unable to fix the problem after repeated attempts even though the part is still under warrantee and they ARE responsible to make whatever repairs they do perform correctly or make good to the customer in some way. Do you not agree?

I agree that they have an obligation to the customer to make things right. I was just pointing out the fallacy of your previous suggestion that he persue the Lemon Law. It doesn't apply in this case.
Mike

I think that you are kinda beating a dead horse here. It was simply a combination question / suggestion that was shown not to be usable in this situation but the dealer is not fulfilling his obligation to the customer just the same. It does appear however that there is a federal law that does not have the same time limit and perhaps the OP might want to look it up and proceed from there.

Yeah... and if my aunt had balls...
Bottom line - vehicle is too old - doesn't qualify under Lemon Law (unless you can find me a State statute that extends Lemon Law protection to, say, 7 years and/or 70,000 miles). There's no "almost qualifies", or "gee, it's so close"... it's black or white. It either does or it doesn't. In this particular case (despite to your inference to the contrary), it doesn't.

We all agree that that's not right, and can be addressed through other means. Lemon Law filings aren't one of them.

Does she?

Fine. I thing that point has already been more than established.

Is there a particular reason for you being such an asshole? I simply said that it followed the general requirements as far as problems and attemps to repair to be covered under the lemon law and it does. I was unaware of specific state lenght of time requirements and thought that they covered the vehicle for the entire length of its warranty. Now that I an aware of this limitation, I am not arguing the point so what are you whining about?.

I am not saying that it is. I thought that it could be and now I know different so exactly what additional point are you trying to make?

Tom Lawrence wrote:

Wow ................ I've gotta start checking this group more often now. Haven't been ignoring it that long and old Tom has gone from the guy with answers to a regular little shade tree troll. What the hell you guys been feeding these people......lol.....
Jerry