radio

Vehicle info: 2002 Dodge Dakota, Quad, SLT, 3.9, auto. Radio info: Sales code RBK AM & FM stereo radio with graphic equalizer, CD player and CD changer controls. See Owner's manual page 105. The radio works well for the first 15 minutes. The controls can be accuated. After playing the radio for approx. 15 minutes any manipulation of the On/Off/Volume Control turns the radio off; the display blinks on and off for a length of time up to ten minutes and then the radio plays normally until the On/Off/ Volume Control is turned, pushed or manipulated. Question: What is wrong and what is the fix.

Reply to
John Carrington

"John Carrington" wrote in news:n2OCf.1022$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

The unit is fubar; the fix is a replacement. The most economical fix is an aftermarket unit.

Reply to
Joe

Joe...

I appreciate your very candid and timely response. I would appreciate further any info that helped you to reach your conclusion.

John

Reply to
John Carrington

Reply to
Lorne

To have the dealer fix whatever is wrong will almost certainly cost more than purchasing a new aftermarket unit.

OTOH, I have a perfect RAZ unit (AM/FM/CD/cassette, CD changer controls, RDS, etc.) that I will sell to you for $100 plus shipping.

Here's a pic:

It's the OEM unit still in my '03 Dak, which will plug right into your harness for the RBK with no modifications. Let me know if you're interested.

"John Carrington" wrote in news:vL5Df.2111 $ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Reply to
Joe

bg...