radio reception

I have a 04 Ram Q cab with just the standard radio. I am in CT, and the area is rather hilly. But..... some of the stations that formerly were received well in my other trucks are full of static. Would a longer antenae
mast cause the reception to get getter or is it just a lower quality radio?
jem
jem wrote:

It's possible that Dodge has been installing low quality German radios. Many of the electrical components in their vehicles are now low quality German products.
JAM
Sad to say that is true, put in an aftermarket system,(doesnt have to be expensive just half decent) and you will most likely recieve more than you did before.

Yes to the low sensitivity. I do not know about the quality. However, I had an additional problem as well. In Europe they use a 9khz station spacing boudary and in North America, a 10 khz station boundary exists. What this means is that some stations will not fine tune electronically as the fine tuning frequency adjustment range is less than the boundary difference. Most aftermarket radios have a switch that you set manually depending on your location. However, Chrysler has a range of radios that are sold in Europe that work automatically wherever they are. I changed mine out and the replacement is plug, size and color interchangable. My new radio is AM, FM, LW, CD and Cassette and is a factory radio. It works very, very well. I do not have the RB (option code), but I could get it, if somebody wants it. Steve

Steve:
I would like more info on the radio you installed. Did Chrysler provide it because of the problems?
JEM

No, I bought an '04 3500 Dually in Wisconsin and shipped it to Germany. So it was my problem. I went to a Chrysler dealer and he made me the deal cash, no tax, under the table. I also wanted a factory radio. I am pretty sure he has another. These come standard from Chrysler and the new owners swap them out for aftermarket units. He ends up with the original radios which he sells to people like me. I paid 400 Euros. Steve