Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 2 of 4

I think that for some people, driving is analogous to boxing.
I find it more enjoyable when it's like dancing.
--
PeteCresswell

For some, I think, it's a chance to get back at everyone they're not able to look in the eye and tell the truth to, whether they want to hear it or not, whether it's the right person or not.
Dancing? Nope, save that for the track. . . .or the dance floor.
I like to be able to relax and enjoy the trip.
Budd
SPAM.net>:

Is of no value in North Texas, we haven't had rain in 20 years.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
Heh... You might get some tomorrow night believe it or not!
MoParMaN wrote:

MoParMaN wrote:

Must work really good in TX then, not only sheds the rain, but actually prevents it! I use rain-X on my windshield, but haven't had much use for it for awhile here in OK either. Could sure use some rain to help douse the fires!
JPH

No, that's what the air horns are for :)
LOL!!!
Did ya see the horns I put on my scooter? Full size, dual, automotive horns (Chrome, of course!) They'll probably work for retro rockets in a panic stop, but maybe those folks that have their stereos too loud might hear them . . .well, it's worth a try anyhow.
Budd

Rain-X saved my butt one time coming back to Illinois from a fishing trip in NW Minnesota with Bass Boat in tow behind my '90 Dodge/Cummins.
Apparetly on the way back, my Alternator's Voltage Regulator fried (Is an external Regulator on this year Truck), I had no lights, no wipers, no radio, no power windows, nothing.
Ran into a most horrible thunderstorm going through central Wisconsin. With the Rain-X I was able to see quite well at highway speeds considering it was one horrible storm. Mark

2-3+

.

sufficient
I was referring to that period of time when you are pulling up alongside the truck - in the ADJACENT LANE!!!!!! - on the divided Interstate highway.....
......It CAN be a blinding experience.....
I am astounded at how often things have to be spelled out for some people........
I said I pulled "....out into the rooster tail...."......
.......which most people of average intelligence would translate into me pulling out from the lane behind the truck - which doesn't even SUGGEST that I was tailgating - into the adjacent passing lane - at which point I would NOT be following the truck "....SO DARN CLOSE..."......
....I would not be "following" it at ALL!!!!!!
......I would be BESIDE the truck.......executing my mission - which was to safely PASS the truck......the accomplishment of said mission being made safer by the way Rain-X keeps the windshield clear of water under those conditions.......
.......conditions which often result in relatively lengthy periods of a windshield completely covered with water interrupted only briefly by the passing of the wiper.......Who here doesn't know what I am talking about???????
I, too, have been a quarter-century without an attributable accident - a quarter-century of 40-50,000 miles-per-year!!!!
Knee-jerkers annoy me......
They skim over something quickly, and instead of paying attention what the author actually said, they place their own meaning on it.......and jump in with a totally unrelated, usually inappropriate answer....
Doesn't ANYBODY have ANY sort of reading comprehension and attention span any more?????

Attention spam?? WTF is that???

Yes, especially if you pull out too close to the truck. Try dropping back a bit ( gives better view around the truck as well) accelerate in your lane and pull out before you get to the rooster tail. You'll zip thru much faster and lose your vision for a shorter time. Do this in dry weather and you find you get better gas economy because you're not putting dents in the floorboard to get up speed.

Now you have to be insulting? I've been driving for 40 years next month, probably longer than you been alive. I got maximum scores in every safe driving test I've ever taken, scored one imperfect score on a driving test just four years ago (all others were perfect scores), was driving instructor in the military. . . .now, who do you think needs it spelled out for them?

If you're pulling out into the rooster tail, you're too close.

If you are in the lane behind the truck before pulling to the other lane, you are following . . or about to be in a head on accident.

Mission??? You a top-secret government agent or something? Your RESPONSIBILITY is to pass the truck safely. By pulling out before you are so close as to get soaked in the rooster tail, you reduce the chances of an accident due to reduced visibility . . .( sarcasm mode at full) talk about needing to spell it out . . .

Only those that have not learned you don't have to be on a truck's bumper before pulling out to pass.

WOW!!! That's what percent of your total driving time? Larger, btw, is not always better. The other four accidents I was involved in were spread over the previous 15 years and only two of the total were my fault.

And spammers annoy me. So does not catching fish, but that's different. Yours was the knee-jerk reaction, btw. I was only giving sound, proven advice on how to drive safely. It is unfortunate it proves a lack of need for your spam, er, product, no, spam, yep, spamola. Ah darn, you cowardly types use a munged addy so you can't be reported. . . .you think . . .

ROTFLMBO!!!!! The answer was appropriate, spammer, it just didn't support your spam spiel, that's all.

Well, you apparently don't, or you wouldn't have your panties in a bunch claiming I misread your spam.
Some folks report spammers like you, I like to rip their spiels to shreds . . .more of a mental challenge, ya know, except when they fall apart and start being insulting as quickly as you did.
Darn, and I thought you could handle it . . . . .
Budd

~snipped the rest of your drivel~
Are you really this dense, or are you just trolling? In your 40 years of driving experience, haven't you ever been beside a semi-tractor and trailer during a rainstorm? It makes little difference when you pull out to pass, the problem starts when you get alongside. Go back and reread what he said. I'm sure he'll accept your apology.
Dave
Are you that stupid as to think I've never been in worse than that conditions?
How about fog so thick you couldn't see the end of your hood if you didn't have the headlights on (IN)? Or a S.E. Colorado downpour that dumped 3 " in 30 minutes.
Mister, I've been thru far worse than his rooster tail and common sense and careful driving kept my butt out of accidents that put other not so careful drivers on the autopsy slab.
Now, if you have nothing constructive to add . . .
Budd
Tell you what, try it next time it rains then get back to me

Just where were we talking about "worse" conditions? We were talking about specific conditions that you now seem to want to avoid.

Nice try at changing the subject.
Or a S.E. Colorado downpour that dumped 3 " in

Had you been alongside a semi during that downpour, you'd know exactly what we're talking about.

and
careful
That may well be, but it doesn't address the matter at hand. Please try to keep up with the conversation.
Dave

century
faster
find
instructor
so
the
in
span
.
Hey Budd, blow it out yer ass.... You're exactly the kind of newsgroup poster who doesn't bother to read a message before shoveling off a load of drivel.
Take a moment to read back through this inane thread, and really READ what Roy said, and you'll see how completely off base your responses were.
Or not, and just go back to playing with yourself....

Huh??? What'd I say???
Roy
Don't worry, Roy, he's just a moderator wannabe.
Budd

Another net nanny?
Anyway I guess I missed something here. Please fill me in so I can play too.
Roy
Just some spammer trying to lure in suckers and a guy that thinks I'm not intelligent enough to pour water out of a boot with directions on the heel and we should accept everything the spammer says without question. He also seems to think I never listen to you and, by implication, talk with you, friend.
Obviously he's never posted in AADT before.
Budd
( btw, don't you hold the boot over the spammer's head to read the directions? ;)