Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 3 of 4

ROTFLMBO!!!!
And you're the common newsgroup moderator wannabe. How about you read my messages giving common sense driving tips.

I did and I understood Roy, but do you understand the idiocy of not driving safely?

Ah, the sexual innuendo . . .Trying to portray in others that which you find to be your only source of pleasure. How Freudian of you.
Budd

My point being that I could STAY in the rooster tail and STILL have good vision with the Rain-X......no loss of vision passing through.......

If I pull out into the adjacent lane on an Interstate highway, I put myself in jeopardy of a head-on accident???????

As I have pointed out time and time again.......on an Interstate highway, I could be approaching the truck from a quarter-mile back in the passing lane - not even directly behind the truck.
When I pull up NEXT to the truck, I'm going to get washed over with the rooster tail.
Going through quickly - as you suggest - does, indeed reduce the time of vision loss due to water from the truck's rooster tail......
BUT.......
Using Rain-X ELIMINATES the buildup of water on the windshield, and you go through ZERO time of vision loss due to the layer of water on the windshield.
Yes....talk about the need to spell things out........

No, but you DO have to go through the rooster tail as you come up alongside the truck....
What an idiot!!!!!

You obviously don't know what constitutes SPAMMING, which causes me to seriously question if you know ANYTHING about driving.......

Which is idiocy. Better and smarter to plan ahead so you avoid that situation, Rain-X or no Rain-X.

Now who has the comprehension problems. Read the first half of the sentence also.

No . . .You DID NOT say that time and time again, unless it's echoing in your empty skull, spammer.
And if you position yourself a bit farther over in the lane from the truck you'll also avoid much of his bow wave.

Then I'll be sure to neve ride with you. You're already halfway under his wheels.

ROTFLMBO!!!!! Boy, you are the spamming fool. Tell me something, if your crap works so good, how come there has not been a significant reduction in highway accidents attributed to it's use?
Tell us again how Rain-X does a Moses and parts the thick layer of water that a tractor trailer rig can throw on a windshield, (I've seen it, but I wasn't driving at the time). Prove your zero time claim.

No, you're not spelling things out, you're just repeating your sales mantra.

Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific loss of vision you claim?

A self-description? Really, you must learn to be more critical of yourself. You wouldn't make an infectded pimple on an idiot's butt.

You're selling an item, for personal financial gain, unsolicited, in a newsgroup (or as you've done, crossposted it) . . . yep, that's spamming.
If you had just been giving a testimonial on a product, you would have let mine, and other posts to your detraction, slide by, afterall, each of us is entitled to an opinion and you would have kept you comments in one or two favorite groups without crossposting, but you hit the entire prime set for spammers, didn't you?
'Tis you that are the idiot, methinks.
Budd
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 06:33:50 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

I'd guess that you don't let yourself get into such situations.
It happens quite often in inclement weather here in N.Y. where a large truck will pass you going the other way and send a wave of water and/or slush at your windshield. Vision through the glass is lost momentarily until the wipers can whisk it away. Using Rain-X or wax on the windshield dramatically reduces the time that you have no vision through the windshield under those circumstances.
As for the visible residue left by using Rain-X (someone made a comment about it), I can't remember ever noticing anything of the sort and I've been using Rain-X as well as clear wax since I was a teenager, over 20 years now.
*I-84 going through N.Y. was re paved a number of years ago, blacktop over concrete. Now in certain area where the truck traffic is the heaviest there are depressions from heavy vehicles in the granny lane which quickly fill with water in heavy rain. Cars and trucks going through these areas will create (no exaggeration) a curled wave of water like comes in at some ocean shores. It's darn near impossible to pass a vehicle in these conditions, a real pain if the driver creating the wall of water is moving at 40 mph or less on the interstate. Without a water shedding chemical on the windshield you are stuck running at the same speed as that driver, even if the conditions do not dictate that you do.
Some people like it and others don't, I find that it is more safe to use it than not. I put on 35-45,000 miles on the road yearly, between my work and personal driving habits.
Per RSCamaro:

I made the comment. My guess is that you figured out how to apply it properly on Day 1. I've tried it a few times, but was always put off by the wiper haze. Last time around, somebody said to buff it a lot with newspaper. Same old, same old....
I think I'll try it again though - using the microfiber cloth after letting it set up for a few hours. When the stuff works, it *really* works.... it's just that darn haze when the wipers are on at nite.
--
PeteCresswell

The biggest thing to realize is that with the stuff on the glass, you don't need to use the wipers as much as you're used to. The haze comes from the wipers doing their thing with no water/lubrication between them and the glass. My dad caused the haze by doing what came from 50 years of driving experience, turning the wipers up to fast 'because it's raining harder' without realizing how little water was sticking to the glass. I have used the stuff for 10 years, and set the wipers to intermittant, as slow as needed to keep the view clear. The other advantage of these chemicals is that ice doesn't stick to the glass in the winter.
Eric G

I first used Rain-X in 2002 on my 1964 Studebaker T-Cab pickup which I drove from Austin, TX to Rhode Island via South Bend to catch the Stude International Meet. Never ran into any rain until someplace in Ohio an rain it did, by the bucket. I was so amazed at the performance of Rain-X including the fact that I never had to resort to using my wipers.
JT
Eric G wrote:

I-84 through NY sucks even in the dry weather imo.
Roy

I agree with that. Those ruts in the road between Middletown and Fishkilll are quite annoying.
RSCamaro wrote:

And you guessed wrong. Driving isn't a guessing game, it's reality.

I apologize only for the spam claim and yet you continue with the endorsements? Did I waste an apology?

Then I was right, I've driven longer than you've breathed life.

BTDT in Denver, Indy, St Louis, Pueblo, Phoenix, Salt Lake City . . . . .
And my methods work in all those towns also.
So, what was your point?

You have the right to your opinion and the right to be wrong in thinking it's the only way to avoid the problem.
I'm finished with this stuff.
Budd

It's not reality, its a responsibility.
<snip>

Did I ask for an apology?

What was your point here?
The GE Corporation was dumping PCBs into the Hudson river before I breathed life also, were they right to do this? Does this mean that you are smarter or more capable of handling yourself in sticky situations? It means nothing more than that you've had more birthdays than I have. I drive every day on some of the most congested roads on the planet. Does driving in more adverse conditions more often mean anything.
<snip>

I understand that you are finished and probably won't reply. I just haven't received a good enough answer as to why the aforementioned chemical is such a bad thing. Prove to me why I'm wrong.
...Ron

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
YOU HAVE TO PUT NEW BLADES FROM TIME TO TIME.

I'm Sorry but I could not resist myself. I to have been using Rain-x since 1980 and it is a Outstanding product to help shed the rain of the glass windshield and windows. Their is also another product that I found just last year that to it Rain-x but this one you do not have to apply to the glass and wipe off the residue. This Rain-x product you add to you windshield washer tank reservoir and each time you use your windshield washers it not only helps clean the windshield but adds the water repellent to the glass and it to works like Magic it even helps wiper blade that have just started to skip or chatter across the glass to stop.... It is a can't do without it product in Florida "If we are getting Rain!" which we are not now!!!!! Rich,,, in Florida...............
SPAM.net&gt; wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;loss of vision you claim?<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &lt;snipped&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;Budd<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; I'd guess that you don't let yourself get into such situations.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; It happens quite often in inclement weather here in N.Y. where a large<BR>&gt;&gt; truck will pass you going the other way and send a wave of water<BR>&gt;&gt; and/or slush at your windshield.&nbsp; Vision through the glass is lost<BR>&gt;&gt; momentarily until the wipers can whisk it away.&nbsp; Using Rain-X or wax<BR>&gt;&gt; on the windshield dramatically reduces the time that you have no<BR>&gt;&gt; vision through the windshield under those circumstances.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp; As for the visible residue left by using Rain-X (someone made a<BR>&gt;&gt; comment about it), I can't remember ever noticing anything of the sort<BR>&gt;&gt; and I've been using Rain-X as well as clear wax since I was a<BR>&gt;&gt; teenager, over 20 years now.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; *I-84 going through N.Y. was re paved a number of years ago, blacktop<BR>&gt;&gt; over concrete.&nbsp; Now in certain area where the truck traffic is the<BR>&gt;&gt; heaviest there are depressions from heavy vehicles in the granny lane<BR>&gt;&gt; which quickly fill with water in heavy rain.&nbsp; Cars and trucks going<BR>&gt;&gt; through these areas will create (no exaggeration) a curled wave of<BR>&gt;&gt; water like comes in at some ocean shores.&nbsp; It's darn near impossible<BR>&gt;&gt; to pass a vehicle in these conditions, a real pain if the driver<BR>&gt;&gt; creating the wall of water is moving at 40 mph or less on the<BR>&gt;&gt; interstate.&nbsp; Without a water shedding chemical on the windshield you<BR>&gt;&gt; are stuck running at the same speed as that driver, even if the<BR>&gt;&gt; conditions do not dictate that you do.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Some people like it and others don't, I find that it is more safe to<BR>&gt;&gt; use it than not.&nbsp; I put on 35-45,000 miles on the road yearly, between<BR>&gt;&gt; my work and personal driving habits.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ...Ron<BR>&gt;&gt; --<BR>&gt;&gt; 68'RS Camaro<BR>&gt;&gt; 88'Formula<BR>&gt;&gt; 00'GT Mustang<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:45:18 GMT, "T-Bearden"

You wanna set your line lenght to about 75 characters??
SteveL
Rain-x is one of the few things in life I can swear by and not at. My favorite was the Window Cleaner Paste that seem to have been discontinued. chiphead

THAT would be interesting.......
"I want to report a SPAMMER, but I don't know where he's located or what he's selling since he hasn't provided a website address, or a way to access his product"
Unless, of course, you believe I OWN Rain-X.......
What a dork!!!!!!

look, this happens to almost everyone who is new to this ng. over the years i have decided to just ignore it and not to play along with it. at least that is how i handle it right now.
when someone new comes in and says something that is contrary to what one of the long time members says, then it is game on for some folks here. the concept of tolerance is not real high on the priority list here. the golden rule here is do unto others before the other bastard has a chance to do you. i just sit back and watch. if you do that, it can be a whole lot of fun. they talk of religion here, but the concept of religion that gets discussed is.........well..........different. there are just a few people here that revel in getting involved in on going debates of terrific verbal ferocity. i often wonder why. noting else in their lives? a cathartic effect? maybe just a release? who knows. you can't beat it though. you can be smarter, you can even bring the truth or reality into the argument (which is a pretty big trump card around here) but in the end it won't matter because they don't listen. they aren't here to listen or to understand, or for that matter to discuss. they will just keep going on and on in the face of their own deprivity. they will win because they don't quit. so, either give up or just sit back and watch. it is a grand place to watch people and you have a ringside seat.

Ain't it the truth!
Roy
I apologized to him.
Budd