Ram 2500 w/Cummins

I, unfortunately, find myself in need, or great want, of a 3/4 ton diesel pu. After test driving, I like the Dodge first, then the Ford, and a distant third is the GMC. Scratch the GMC. Ford is suspect
because of the PSD problems. Cummins is my first choice, but then I'm stuck with a Dodge.
I see many of you folks love your Cummins, but aren't particularly thrilled with the Dodge. What is it that makes you want a Ford with a Cummins in it? I think the basic look of the Dodge with the huge chrome grill is gaudy, but I can get past looks for a dependable truck. Does everything else on the Dodge, except the engine, fall apart?
bb

I love my Dodge, it's a great reliable truck, I can't imagine what besides a crew cab makes these other guys interested in the Ford.

Nor can I, and now the MegaCab makes the crew cab a moot point.
Mike

Can you hang a snow plow on the mega yet?
Roy

I want a crew-cab, long bed, dually (with fenders that don't look like an afterthought, scrounged from the 1980's parts bin). Until that's available, it's not quite moot :)

And without a $52,000.00 sticker for a loaded one either, ouch!

The cab is very nice indeed, but it needs a bed...not a trunk without a lid ;-)

Don't be misled. My 2K was a pia, lift pumps and a transmission. But my 05 2500 QC 4X4 is the balls. It is all I need in a truck, it is quick, comfortable and thus far dependable. It is quick enuff so I have not felt the need to mod it. Plows snow real well. A few round trips from MA to FL, moves through traffic like a car. I'm really happy with it.
Roy
I love my Dodge. Last one was a Chevy....won't make that mistake ever again. I've had no problems with mine and from my experience with this one ('01 2500 QC 4x4 gasser) my next truck will be another Dodge with the Cummins.....Mega Cab.
Laszlo Almasi
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:35:35 +0000, bb wrote:

The grill will grow on you, give it some time. I love the Cummins, my only regret is that I can't buy a 1/2 ton truck with the Cummin 4BT (4 cylinder).
Funny thing tho....you can go to just about any auto makers overseas sites and they put diesels in small pickups. I just don't understand....

Give it time...I think it's only a matter of time before it's all here too.
Hell, Europe was more into cell phones than here in the US way before we began to depend on them as we do.
Laszlo Almasi
Doesn't FORD stand for Fix Or Repair Daily?

No. It stands for "First On Race Day."
Al

Yeah, I heard they finally won one at the soap box derby, but got disqualified for using an engine.
--
--Scott Hendryx--

MIANDERSON SAID "also you're totally being suckered on the BC game. FSU
your close but I'm afraid you have the position wrong....its fortieth on race day
--
-Chris