Ram Starter Slow/Weak Crank on Hot Starts?

Hi,
98 Ram 1500 5.2 starter has very slow weak crank on hot starts, cold starts fine. Measures 12.5V across battery terminals. 14V on dash gauge, if running. Can you please tell me how to troubleshoot this
issue.
Thanks, Ken
Thread archive:

One common problem I've found of late has been a bad ground connection between the block and the negative battery. Easy way to check is to use a jumper cable between the block and the negative battery terminal.
If that's the case you can search out, find and fix the bad connection or you can jump from the engine block to the negative battery terminal.