Ramcharger Headers touching starter

I installed a set of Hedman Headers on my 86 5.9L. Problem is that there is practically no clearance between the 90 degree corner edge of the front of the starter and one of the header pipes. I could probably
squeeze a 1/32 in shield in there, but that wouldn't do good for long, not to mention the potential for heat to the starter, corrosion (dis-similar metals) if a shield is used, etc.... I have to believe that eventually a hole will produce there as it will surely contact to some degree when I am off-road
I have the OEM starter. Anybody know if there is an after market starter (or where I could look) that would fit my engine that is even 1/2 inch shorter?
Any other ideas short of modifying the header itself are greatly appreciated.
Chrysler does make a stock starter that is a little shorter. Had the same problem with an 81 Ramcharger. Found one at my local Farm and Fleet. Worked just fine.
You probably have the old style starter A switch to the smaller later jap starter will help. Plan on replacing the starter every year or two
Dent the pipe slightly ( it won't hurt flow that much unless you pound the pipe too flat), then wrap the starter with a GM style insulation wrap.
Budd

Another method is to use a sheetmetal shield, attached such that there's an air-gap between the the header pipe and starter. Copper or aluminum will have the best heat-dissipating characteristics (thermal resistance). Your home improvement box store should have something in the HVAC aisle. Bryan