Random Noise

1998 Caraven 3.3L
Let me try to discribe the noise the best I can.
An old reed horn with a very low battery is the best way I can discribe it. It last about 1 - 2 seconds and nothing I can do or sequence I notice
starts the sound. It may happen once a week or sometimes it may happen 8 times a day.
At first I thought maybe it was the power steering pump with air in the system but when I turn the wheel the sound doesn't change. It's not A/C related. I've only noticed it at idle is the only consitant thing I can find.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Dave
Charter wrote:

It's very hard to diagnose noises from written descriptions but I'll take my guess. Maybe the radiator cap is getting weak and it's fluttering as it's venting.
--
Ken

lol yea I know it's hard to describe a sound. But that is the only way I can describe it, if one has ever tried to honk an old horn on an old car with a very weak battery that is exactly what it sounds like.
No it's not the radiator cap venting, I've ruled that out already. But thanks for the suggestion.

check the pcv valve
I have heard them buzz before
let us know what you find!!!