Re: 1999 RAM 4x4 rear noise

I had a pinion bearing go out on my 99. $800 to repair.

Steve

She's got 108k on her. The noise starts low pitch with acceleration she > gets > much higher. I put her on stands to see where it is coming from. It is the > rear end for sure, but which ever side i'm on, it sounds like the other. I > got in the center and still had a hard time telling. Being this is my only > vehicle, I was just going to swap out the rear end. Is there any other > tests > I may do that would point in a better direction. Any places in particular > to > get a rear other than a junk yard. How do I know what my factory rear end > is? > >
Reply to
Murf FLSTC