Re: 2001 Dodge Ram Coolant

Could be heater element inside the cab. Check for wet rug. Could be head gasket. Check for high oil level and white oil foam. Generally check for deposits of green crud.
Steve

Steve Lusardi wrote:

head
for
-Steve, The rug in the truck has never been wet. I checked the other day on my dipstick and opened the oil fill cap on the valve cover. The dipstick read normal in the safe range. The oil fill cap looked ok with nothing out of the ordinary. Oil probabley has 2,500 miles on it. I added more coolant to the recovery bottle with the engine up to temperature this time. We'll see what happens. I wondered if anybody had any opinions of taking a vehicle to the dealer to have a flush/fill/replace? What other items should be replaced when this is done? I've heard of the radiator cap being replaced. What about the thermostat, hoses, or anything else? Should I stay away from a flush and just do a fill? Wondering what other people do...i've never had this done to the truck before. Thanks.