Re: 360 RT tranny question

> 2002 RT 360 AT 130K miles. > > Transmission is smooth in all gears. no slippage or rev-ups between > shifts, etc. It kicks into passing gear smothly and actually I can > find no other problems .. except .. > > It does not want to shift out of first gear.

Try adjusting the kickdown band. Has it ever been adjusted in the 130K miles?

Reply to
John Kunkel

Thanks, John.

If the "kickdown" band is the same thing as the 2nd gear band then you nailed the problem. Local Tranny shop says the xmission is shifting normally, it's just that when the 2nd gear band applies, nothing happens because it is slippping. Then when I force a shift by letting off the throttle it shifts on into 3rd and everything else is normal. He also says he can replace the band, if necessary, without tearing the transmission down. I'm glad to hear that........ :)

Will post again when it is finally fixed.

Thanks for your reply.

Leroy

Reply to
Leroy

Kickdown band was the culprit. My man replaced the band, ran 14 quarts of fluid throuh it to flush it out, new filter and pan gasket (someone had been there before, and used cheap gasket). $445.10. Feels like new.

A good diagnosis, John. Thanks.

Leroy

Reply to
Leroy