Re: 4.7 Exhaust Manifold Bolts

Dealer replaced the ones on the right side, said 5 of the 8 were broken but the manifold was OK on this side. Maybe they used better bolts this time. I can't say anything bad about the dealer, not a problem getting then to fix it. I'm not even a good customer, the only other thing they have done for me was replace the ball joints when the recall came out. Thanks for the reply. TR

In article > , mr > burns wrote: > >> it is a common problem, crappy manifold bolts. my 99 dakota with the >> V6 had the same problem. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > I have a 2003 Dak, 62000 miles, a couple of months ago I had an exhaust >> > leak, found a couple of broken bolts in the left manifold and the >> > gasket >> > had blown out. Dealer replaced manifold, bolts, and gasket under the >> > extended 70/7 year, so no problem. Now after about 2000 miles the right >> > side has done the same thing. >> > Is this a common problem, or is there something else I should be >> > looking >> > for, before the 70/7, runs out? >> > >> > TIA, >> > Tom >> > Make sure you use anti-sieze compound on the bolts before you > re-install them and you'll avoid future broken bolts. Those aluminum > heads require it. > > good luck
Reply to
Tom R