Re: 96 Dakota Fuel Problem

Replacing the fuel pump is expensive, and it's not gauranteed to be any better. The shop manual has the spec for how long the system must hold it's pressure, and I think it's only about 15 minutes.
I bought my '95 Dakota new and it has always been like yours. I just got used to turning the key to on, waiting for the click, then starting.
--
E Frank Ball snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net

Two separate things. If you don't mind pressurizing the fuel system for a couple of seconds prior to starting the engine, then that's fine. It'll just be one of those "old vehicle quirks". My '95's got a bunch of 'em.