Re: Low Level Formatting for Dumbasses

MoParMaN wrote:

Right. "...it is not possible to low level the drive outside the factory." Low level format lays out the sectors so they're ready to contain the bits.

Sooo... to clean your Windows registry, you're going to turn your disk into a blank piece of metal, then have Western Digital low level format it into a magnetic hard disk again, huh? IDIOT!
Hey! Just to be *sure* AdAware is gone, maybe you should turn the disk to rust, extract the iron and smelt it and reforge it into a new disk again!

No, I'm not. I don't have any problem with virus's. Besides, the manufactures give us this software, that's what we do, fix shit for debases.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

3/8" drill bit and a hammer drill usually does the trick for me. dont even have to turn on the laptop, or even remove the drive! the drill will seak out the HD though the case.
Trust me, its a lot of fun!
As for the drives we do remove, We take them to a recycler and grind them up with the tin cans.
In ether case, the data is good n gone.