Re: Odd (tire?) noise in 2500

wrote:

Thought about that (and a delaminated pad, too) but that's not it.

Resolved... Wheel bearing, required replacing the entire hub. First time I've seen one fail without slowly getting noisy--this sucker went about 20 miles between first peep of a noise to finally being undrivable!
Crap, cost me $385 for the hub and $50 for a socket for the hub nut! I though I had one, but nope, it was too small. Oh well, at least I now have new brakes all the way around.